Talk

Advanced search

to froth somewhat when my h and kids treat the place like a bin?

(17 Posts)
kotinka Wed 19-Mar-14 17:04:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MamaPain Wed 19-Mar-14 17:29:46

Collect up all his detritus at the end of the day and empty it on his side of the bed?

LaurieFairyCake Wed 19-Mar-14 17:32:00

I live in a townhouse and never go up or down a stair without taking something.

No one else does this!

Drives me potty

kotinka Wed 19-Mar-14 17:33:32

Cookethenook Wed 19-Mar-14 17:36:07

I told my DP the other day that when he comes in from work and leaves his and the kids stuff everywhere it's the equivalent of me going to his office at the end of the day and deleting all his work. It pisses me right off!

kotinka Wed 19-Mar-14 17:41:30

NurseyWursey Wed 19-Mar-14 17:45:59

YANBU!

I once caught my brothers ex girlfriend putting a crisp packet down the side of the sofa hmm

TheCrackFox Wed 19-Mar-14 17:47:54

DH likes to create little piles of crap - change on the windowsill, opened letters rested on the radiator, coat hung on the back of a chair etc. He honestly thinks that because it isn't on the floor then it is tidy.

YANBU.

welcome to my world sad

weaselish Wed 19-Mar-14 17:51:06

Oh YANBU. This also drives me insane. DH and his little piles of change on every shelf, random envelopes dumped all over, keys, pens, cufflinks - aaaargh. And my DD (3.5) is even worse....

Dwerf Wed 19-Mar-14 17:51:36

And mine , though no dh to clutter up the house, but no need, he taught the kids well enough. Every time he comes down to see the kids he has a coke can in his hand, and everytime he leaves, without fail he leaves it on the dining table.

kotinka Wed 19-Mar-14 17:55:41

littleballerina Wed 19-Mar-14 17:58:22

My dp does this!

I think that he thinks that I'm his mother.

TheDoctorsNewKidneys Wed 19-Mar-14 18:00:38

Ah, YANBU.

Luckily DP is fairly tidy and does his fair share. I do admit that I'm a clean/neat freak and I don't expect him to live up to my standards, but he does at least put plates in the sink, do laundry, put clothes in the basket/rubbish in the bins and he does all the cooking.

I do often go around after him and make things neater though blush

kotinka Wed 19-Mar-14 18:02:38

deakymom Wed 19-Mar-14 21:43:38

husband has just ran out of loo roll he put the empty loo roll NEXT TO the bin got a fresh loo roll and put that NEXT to the bin

he also walks past the bin and puts junk mail in the table throws teabags in the sink where they slide under the washing up bowl i then have to clear the sink and encounter something that feels sinister but ends up being a tea bag

today he put dirty socks on even though i had just given him a clean pair i actually called him on it unfortunately i swore at him blush my only excuse is his feet really stink after one day you really dont want it to go two

Rabbitcar Wed 19-Mar-14 22:05:24

I can't believe the mess DH and DCs are prepared to tolerate. They just unwrap things and leave the wrappers on the table. Pencils not returned to the box, things not taken upstairs, papers left everywhere. If the Tidying Fairy goes on strike, no one even notices the chaos. Can't stand it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now