Talk

Advanced search

To expect that those putting away the towels adhere to my new method of organisation?

(22 Posts)
princessalbert Wed 19-Mar-14 17:02:55

I recently watched the Anthea Turner towel folding clip.

Now, I am proud of my neatly folded towels, in a perfectly arranged linen cupboard.

DH put away some clean towels yesterday. Imagine my dismay to find the bathsheets piled on top of the bath towels. They are in size order.

I have stuck labels on the shelves now - and will point it out to him when he gets home from work.

kotinka Wed 19-Mar-14 17:07:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RustyBear Wed 19-Mar-14 17:10:07

You needed a video to teach you how to fold towels? Surely a towel is the single most-easily-folded object in existence!

Goblinchild Wed 19-Mar-14 17:12:44

Changing a routine in a family is like turning an oil tanker. It takes time and persistence and constant course corrections. Eventually all will be perfection in your eye, but it may take a while. grin

Haahoooo Wed 19-Mar-14 17:13:07

I bet he put them with the edges facing the front as well, rather than the nice 'rounded' folded bit. grin

princessalbert Wed 19-Mar-14 17:16:23

rustybear - no. It is a very specific folding style.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF9Fog_NZdg

And yes, haahooo the fold was to the front.

They will all have to learn!

kotinka Wed 19-Mar-14 17:16:53

kotinka Wed 19-Mar-14 17:36:01

goldencity1 Wed 19-Mar-14 17:50:25

I pick my battles. So far I have almost won "dirty clothes in the basket" but folded towels? A step too far.

kotinka Wed 19-Mar-14 17:58:25

princessalbert Wed 19-Mar-14 18:02:32

Towel Nazi. love it smile

I think a lesson on towel putting away is on the cards. I will make DSs join in also.

if anyone can tell me the secret of 'sorting out the tupperware cupboard' I would be eternally grateful grin

RustyBear Wed 19-Mar-14 18:49:36

<<watches video>>

Bugger that for a lark! Why would I put my nice clean towels on the floor to fold them in some esoteric fashion, when you can get the same effect with three simple folds.

Fold end to end, the across the middle again, then end to end. Put it on the shelf with the nice smooth folded side outwards and you can't see the edges on the other side. I've been doing it that way, without anyone having to teach me, since about 1975....

deakymom Wed 19-Mar-14 21:47:51

have you seen her tshirt folding trick i cant get it right but it looks good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orSHOzv4Z8w

Susyb30 Thu 20-Mar-14 09:25:55

My dh has no idea where the fecking towels are! Never mind folding them and putting them away!! And as for the washing basket..nope, left on the floor in a heap (found a rogue sock behind the television the other night) when I was in hospital having ds, despite leaving detailed instructions on how to work washing machine etc..he still found it so stressful and his mother had to come and take over!! When he has his shower it takes me ages to get the bathroom back to being habitual again..aaargh!! Hw is actually a great guy, hardworking, kind and generous but a complete domestic idiot! :-)

Nocomet Thu 20-Mar-14 09:44:22

Towels here live in the draws under divan beds.

They go in half length ways then thirds, simples!

That way two piles fit next to each other and the draw opens and closes.

Stuffing them any which way only leads to the draw jamming <grrrrrrrr>

Preciousbane Thu 20-Mar-14 10:36:09

Joysmum Thu 20-Mar-14 11:08:12

Bollocks to that, it's their house too. I only sweat the important stuff.

mayorquimby Thu 20-Mar-14 12:25:36

Yeah there's no way I'd take my oh seriously if she complained about the way I folded towels

bobbywash Thu 20-Mar-14 12:31:46

<goes and watches sleeping with the enemy... thinks that's how it starts>

Tell your DH to leave now! for his own safety, before it gets worse.

princessalbert Thu 20-Mar-14 12:36:33

I explained my system to DH last night.

To be fair - I do all the laundry, folding etc. All he was doing was putting a few towels away.

After spending some time organising the cupboard in the first place I don't think it is too much to expect for him to follow on.

KittensoftPuppydog Thu 20-Mar-14 18:45:17

Her method for duvet cover putting on is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now