Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want to paint my DD's nails - just for fun?

(25 Posts)
ZingSweetCoconut Wed 19-Mar-14 15:44:48

She is 23 months old and seems very interested.

Every time I paint my nails she points at hers. she also strokes my nails when done, I guess she enjoys the smooth feeling.

I'm very tempted, I think it would be so cute!smile

I'm not sure how I would keep her still and wait for the varnish to dry though...

Normalisavariantofcrazy Wed 19-Mar-14 15:45:38

YANBU IMO but others may come and flame you and me for that view!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 19-Mar-14 15:46:33

I saw a tiny girl about 8 months with pink nails on the train last summer. My eyebrows were off my forehead!! shock grin

DaleyBump Wed 19-Mar-14 15:48:26

She'll be fine, just do it smile

daisy0chain Wed 19-Mar-14 15:49:16

grin thank you Zing

I would do it.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 19-Mar-14 15:50:47

I used to paint my ds's when he was 3 - Power Ranger blue grin

ZingSweetCoconut Wed 19-Mar-14 15:54:06

Daley
I did it for the older boys when they were about 5 & 3 in the summer.

one foot red toenails, one foot brown - their choices.

but maybe under 2 is too young?

Stinklebell Wed 19-Mar-14 15:54:45

My DD2 was obsessed by nail varnish at around 2 and a half/3 and I'd paint them with that peel off children's stuff. She loved it

Her older sister wasn't interested in the slightest

RiojaHaze Wed 19-Mar-14 15:56:24

My 23 month old DS is currently sporting one pink and one purple big toenail like his big sister!

squoosh Wed 19-Mar-14 15:59:29

Let her paint her own nails, more fun.

A 2 year old gave me a manicure the other day, very Jackson Pollock-esque. Two year olds aren't restricted by fingernails either, a good coating of the full finger seems to be the way forward.

CbeebiesIsMyLife Wed 19-Mar-14 16:00:37

My dd's like having theirs done they are 2 and 3, it never stays on for long as they pick it all off. I did dd1's once because she asked while she watched me do mine, my inlaws hit the roof proclaiming she would end up a prostitute hmm because I'd painted her nails red at the age of 18 months, so now I do it more to wind them up!! It's just a bit of fun and the girls love painting their nails, I only do mine once in a blue moon these days so it's not very often they ask for it.

FrumiousBandersnatch Wed 19-Mar-14 16:00:55

YANBU but I'd be a bit concerned about her ingesting nail polish before it dries. I think you can get water-based ones for children which wash off?

CbeebiesIsMyLife Wed 19-Mar-14 16:01:59

Oh and ds1 is due in May and I'll be doing his I he asks too! Can't wait to see what il's think if that! grin

MostWicked Wed 19-Mar-14 16:02:01

Cute? She's not a your toy!

No, I wouldn't do it.

Burren Wed 19-Mar-14 16:03:36

My almost two year old son currently has blue-glitter and red toenails alternating. I don't do his fingers, which makes him cross, because he would chew the lot off in thirty seconds and make himself sick.

He's very proud and keeps taking his shoes off to show people.

Theodorous Wed 19-Mar-14 16:18:10

So ok if a boy?

Burren Wed 19-Mar-14 16:19:39

I only have a boy, so it's not that his sisters are standing overlooked on the sidelines while I attack my son with the entire contents of a manicure set.

Passmethecrisps Wed 19-Mar-14 16:23:48

Can't decide.

If you have remover that is not going to be harmful and the stuff itself is not harmful then I suppose no reason why not.

My issue would be that I am allergic to the stuff and the allergy can take ages to show. I would therefore worry about an allergy in my own Dd.

drnoitall Wed 19-Mar-14 16:32:34

Yanbu in IMO
I painted my dd around that age and ds used to point & wanted his done. No biggy really.

breatheslowly Wed 19-Mar-14 16:40:25

YANBU. If you buy the stuff that is dry in 60 seconds, you are less likely to end up with it everywhere.

jeanmiguelfangio Wed 19-Mar-14 16:54:05

They make nail varnish for small people that is water based and non toxic, I cant remember the name of it now
We used to paint my little brother and sisters nails, its harmless fun as far as im concerned, and its not like she will have a manicure every day!

MamaPain Wed 19-Mar-14 16:54:49

hmm

VashtaNerada Wed 19-Mar-14 16:58:03

I think it's fine if it's akin to face painting, not so fine if it's "she's a girl and therefore must look beautiful at every moment!" grin

MooMaid Wed 19-Mar-14 17:13:40

Personally I hate nail varnish on little ones, just ugh (IMO) that said, if she's interested and you're happy enough to do it for her then YANBU. I'd love to see her sit still long enough though!!

ZingSweetCoconut Wed 19-Mar-14 17:17:15

Vashta

*must look beautiful at every moment...*grin
soooo not me!

and she is beautiful already.smile
even when covered in mud.

mostwicked

thanks for pointing out that she is not a toy.
that is much needed guidance!confused
and just what is wrong with saying cute?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now