Talk

Advanced search

to not want bloody Bonzo the dog back from primary school the day before we move house!

(14 Posts)
Addictedtomaltesers Tue 18-Mar-14 22:37:04

The school know we are moving hundreds of miles away this weekend and the removers arrive tomorrow and yet ds1 bounded out of school today with a rucksack containing Bonzo the dog and his scrapbook!

He excitedly explained how we need to take photos of him with Bonzo, read all the story books in the rucksack and then write what we've done in Bonzo's scrapbook all before his last day at the school on Friday.

I've already had to do a late evening run to the supermarket to get a photo printed out before the removal chaos ensues and now I'm going to have to try and 'hide' Bonzo and his sodding bag from the packers.

Wtaf!!!

landrover Tue 18-Mar-14 22:43:39

No worries, bonzo is moving house, give ds1 mobile, take pics galore, print off at supermarket sun night, make sure he drops off at pub for large glass on way! xxxx

magimedi Tue 18-Mar-14 22:45:47

Stuff Bozo in a box & tell them he loves DS so much that he is moving & will send a postcard when he finds the new postbox.

Dear Lord, I thought 'edukayshun' was a tough trial when DS was young (some 25 years ago) but thank fuck that class bears/dogs or zombies never existed then.

landrover Tue 18-Mar-14 23:42:28

Hang on! Why is he still at same school if u are moving hundreds of miles away?

MiscellaneousAssortment Tue 18-Mar-14 23:52:50

I think it's the boys last day at this school on Friday...

I bet the teacher thinks its a last 'treat' for Ds, having believed all the gritted teeth parental 'enthusiasm'

Or may be knows exactly how you feel and delights in passively aggressively torturing you smile

RoadKillBunny Tue 18-Mar-14 23:59:27

They will be wanting him to have his turn before he leaves and the entry in the diary will be a nice thing for the rest of the class and his teacher to remember him by.
Yes, they should probably have done it last week although there could easily have been a million reasons why that wasn't possible.
They aren't doing it to be mean, quite the opposite, they will have just thought it was a lovely way for your son to end his time at the school and to see him off and wish him luck in his new home and school.

It won't be long until you are looking back at together and saying 'remember when we had the class toy the week we where moving and he nearly got packed!' In fact, why don't you write a bit in the diary 'by' Bonzo about having to keep running around to avoid getting packed and moving away to.

It's not personal really although everything is personal when you're stressed out with moving!

HowBadCanThisGet Wed 19-Mar-14 01:23:12

I got the bastard bear for two weeks over Christmas. Two whole weeks.

Menolly Wed 19-Mar-14 02:29:43

yanbu, I resent having the class bear this week because it's a busy week where I haven't got the time to do anything exciting with him and I'm not even moving house

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 19-Mar-14 02:35:43

Our class bear went in the oldest working elevator in North America. <polishes Mummy of the Year award>.

It made me feel proper Martha Stewart, very briefly as DD never has an alphabet thingie, or her name in shoes, or matching socks, or brushed hair.

Menolly Wed 19-Mar-14 02:38:54

odd socks are to teach them left and right wink or at least that's what I tell MIL

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 19-Mar-14 03:06:30

Well that's bloody genius. Will steal that.

Addictedtomaltesers Wed 19-Mar-14 07:00:54

roadkillbunny you're right and ds is very excited about getting a turn just in the nick of time smile

I will just have to add Bonzo's diary to my never ending list of things to do!

howbadcanthisget think you might win with the Christmas bear. At least I'm in max organised mode and not trying to relax with the family and forget about school and work!!

It is ds's last day on Friday before the big drive to the new house. I wonder what class stuffed toy is eagerly waiting at the new school to come and help us unpack grin

NoodleOodle Wed 19-Mar-14 07:08:58

Do the bear first and get it out of the way. He can talk about what he is looking forward to doing with you guys, and then put it away, job done.

MiniSoksMakeHardWork Wed 19-Mar-14 08:15:24

Pack the dog. The rest of the parents will give a sigh of relief grin

I don't mind the class cats yes, there are two of them (the kittens stay at school!), coming home. But then I let dd loose with a camera and she writes herself now. First time she drew pictures.

Of course, I may regret this when ds starts this sept, and dts in a couple of years - will I get it twice as much?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now