Talk

Advanced search

to expect the address label on my NHS records to reflect my address

(8 Posts)
kim147 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:42:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FrontForward Tue 18-Mar-14 21:45:49

It's slightly complex because if they were looking at for example an old x-ray request it would or should have the address you lived at, at the time it was requested. It wouldn't be updated. However they should always check your current address before sending anything to it.

Addresses are normally synced with the address your GP has on record so it's worth making sure that that is correct. Medical records depts should be able to confirm all 'held' addresses with you but I'm guessing you've already explored that avenue.

Lilymaid Tue 18-Mar-14 21:47:26

When I went for a clinic appointment the receptionist checked my details - then found my "next of kin" was down as someone unknown to me 100 miles away ( wonder who ended up with my DH as their next of kin). I presume that there will be a cock up with NHS administration - there always is in my family's experience, though the treatment is great!

kim147 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:48:07

CrohnicallyChanging Tue 18-Mar-14 21:48:09

The problem is, the labels are printed out in a big batch and attached to your file so they are ready to use when needed. While the letter is printed off from the computer and automatically has your newest address. They have obviously come across some old labels that were printed off a while ago. I had similar due to changing my name when I got married, however I did it in person so they handed me over the new labels and asked me to hand them to my consultant. I think perhaps they didn't print off a new sheet straightaway so it got missed.

I would phone up and explain that your address was wrong on the sticky labels, and could someone please check your file, remove the labels and replace with up to date ones? As if you phone up and say 'you've got the wrong address' they'll check your computer file, which is up to date, and leave it at that.

Contemplates Tue 18-Mar-14 22:22:19

The same person needs to check the computer is correct and then remove old pages of sticky address labels, replacing then with new ones. Then they need to stick new labels over your patient notes and CURRENT NHS correspondence (GP letters, clinic notes, dictated notes etc).

kim147 Tue 18-Mar-14 22:30:05

FrontForward Tue 18-Mar-14 22:46:43

There is a central record held by Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) which is often called a summary care record info here

The SCR can hold a lot more info but it should have your up to date address. Details are updated via the GP

You'd think this data would be shared across health to maintain your records but it is not always and the more they try to link it up the more opposition there is to it as people feel their data is too available.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now