Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to spend the evening on the sofa staring into space and eating Crunchie bars

(21 Posts)
Gormless Tue 18-Mar-14 19:02:53

That's it really. Horrible day. Want to give up and just lie in a sorry heap.

WhispersOfWickedness Tue 18-Mar-14 19:05:58

Of course YANBU! I am planning to do that and I didn't have an awful day blushgrin

Why was your day awful?

UnicornCrisps Tue 18-Mar-14 19:07:26

YANBU, large mug of tea or coffee too. What's up?

Givemeyouranswerdo Tue 18-Mar-14 19:08:55

It's a good use of your evening. I'm drinking Raki and eating nuts. Day has gone fine so far. Crunchie, yes, may need to get one now.
Your day can only improve.

CloverHeart Tue 18-Mar-14 19:12:19

I fully sympathise with you and this is pretty much going to be my evening too. Have a CVS in the morning as baby may have downs syndrome. No better excuse to eat copious amounts of chocolate.

What happened to you today? thanks

harriet247 Tue 18-Mar-14 19:12:28

Same. Shitty shitty day. Ive got box of chocs and a cuppa waiting.
Yanbu do what you have to do.

Gormless Tue 18-Mar-14 19:14:12

Thank you whispers! Close family member not well. Been coping pretty well for past two weeks and then they had quite a worrying relapse today. It's like the straw that's broken the camels back and all I can manage is sofa, Crunchie bars and occasional petting of an inquisitive pet cat. Fortunately have a lovely partner who is behaving as if this is quite normal behaviour. What happened to you whispers?

Gormless Tue 18-Mar-14 19:16:01

Thank you all- weirdly feels better to know that an evening of sofa-bound oblivion is a normal reaction to too much cack. Clover heart- best wishes for tomorrow.

Pedantichag Tue 18-Mar-14 19:19:07

YBU not too.

How do you eat your crunchies? I usually chomp the thick bit of chocolate off the top first then the sides, bottom and suck what's left of the honeycomb. Absolute ritual. Am I just weird? hmm

Sorry to her you've had a shite day.

Gormless Tue 18-Mar-14 19:27:33

Pedantichag- me too!! It's all about the honeycomb.

WhispersOfWickedness Tue 18-Mar-14 19:32:18

sad Hope your family member recovers quickly thanks

Also thanks to others who have had a rubbish day.

Not too much going on here, except a cat with a cold hmm

NeedsAsockamnesty Tue 18-Mar-14 19:35:11

Can I join you?

Finola1step Tue 18-Mar-14 19:39:24

I'm getting my stuff ready for tomorrow and then off to watch telly in bed. With half a packet of Galaxy mini eggs. Need peace and quiet. Enjoy your crunchies.

Gormless Tue 18-Mar-14 19:47:20

Hope cat with cold gets well soon too! Bet cats would eat Crunchies too if they could... And watching telly in bed with chocolate is another fine way to spend an evening.

spilttheteaagain Tue 18-Mar-14 19:52:50

I am cosying up on the sofa with a steaming bowl of porridge, cream & brown sugar before going for an early night. Nothing bad happened to me other than an accumulation of sleep deprivation & utter exhasuted/borderline poorly -ness.

YANBU, hope the crunchie helps

spilttheteaagain Tue 18-Mar-14 19:52:55

I am cosying up on the sofa with a steaming bowl of porridge, cream & brown sugar before going for an early night. Nothing bad happened to me other than an accumulation of sleep deprivation & utter exhasuted/borderline poorly -ness.

YANBU, hope the crunchie helps

Pedantichag Tue 18-Mar-14 20:03:35

Oh gormless I am glad it's not just me! grin

PunkrockerGirl Tue 18-Mar-14 20:04:03

Sorry to hear about your relative OP thanks. I'm curled up on the sofa with a can of Red Bull whilst watching Holby City and my day was fine. YANBU.

Oldandcobwebby Tue 18-Mar-14 20:06:40

I'm not certain I could spend a whole evening eating Crunchie bars. They might get a bit sickly ..... Eventually.

Oldandcobwebby Tue 18-Mar-14 20:06:57

I'm not certain I could spend a whole evening eating Crunchie bars. They might get a bit sickly ..... Eventually.

EverythingsDozy Tue 18-Mar-14 20:07:57

YABU because crunchies are disgusting. If you would have said whole nut bars then maybe not!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now