Talk

Advanced search

Hating Heart FM competion.

(12 Posts)
saulaboutme Mon 17-Mar-14 14:14:14

I have to listen to this station that is on the background where I do some voluteering.
Apart from the repetitive play list, this competition has been going on for yonks!! Three different celebrities say the phrase "I'm on Heart" (one word each). The grand prize is �100,000. You call in to guess who they are.

It is impossible, and the cocky DJ seems to rub it in that the caller hasn't won the money. He just said to one woman "oh well i guess it's the back garden for your holiday this year"

No chance of changing the station as everyone loves it buts it gets on my tits....sorry...

getdownshep Mon 17-Mar-14 14:19:43

I would have thought some fancy computer person(defiantly not me) would have fed this into a voice recognition thingy by nowgrin
Agree its very annoying.

LAlady Mon 17-Mar-14 14:23:03

I find this the most boring and tedious competition. It's being going on for ages now. Every January it starts and every year it becomes more boring!

paragirl1981 Mon 17-Mar-14 14:23:58

what makes me laugh is they actually advertise as having more music variety when they play the same boring old songs all the time!

saulaboutme Mon 17-Mar-14 14:28:16

It's so dull!

I hope someone wins it soon. Has it been going that long??? One month has just blurred into the next.

saulaboutme Mon 17-Mar-14 14:29:01

Yes I agree, same songs ALL the time!!

MunchMunch Mon 17-Mar-14 14:29:01

One of our north east radio stations is running a competition called "punching above your weight" it's mostly "gorgeous" women with "ugly" men (don't think I've seen it the other way round) but it's supposed to be funny but I can imagine the one supposedly punching above their weight feeling a bit hurt that their partner thought they are perfect candidates and entered.

Bearbehind Mon 17-Mar-14 14:29:49

You can't be listening too closely- it says 'who's on Heart' not 'I'm on Heart'! grin

saulaboutme Mon 17-Mar-14 14:39:52

"I'm on" "who's on" it's a laod of bollox. Stevie Nicks is the only one that has been guessed so if you get the one more that's 20 grand, all three 100 grand. Great, big money. I think they're dragging it out to take pleasure in hearing how disappointed people get!"

RudolphLovesoftplay Mon 17-Mar-14 14:52:24

I completely agree!! For gods sake give everyone some clues and let someone win!!

Also agree about the music, it's Pink, Gary Barlow, and Olly Murs over and over and over smile

RahRahRasputin Mon 17-Mar-14 14:52:24

They used to do this on Magic too, Magic mystery voices. Might still do it but I've started listening to Spotify instead.

I hate the way they always drag it out. "You answered Robbie Williams... Are you sure? ... We are checking your answer now... This could be your big chance... You could be about to win £20,000 ... Julie, I have to tell you... you... were... wrong I'm afraid" like the stupid X factor stuff where they spend ages with the tense music. Drives me mad.

RahRahRasputin Mon 17-Mar-14 14:53:14

Isn't it Magic that has more music variety? In the whispery voice. I do love Magic and I love most of the songs however many times I've heard them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now