Talk

Advanced search

To want a replacement phone?

(6 Posts)
Flossyfloof Fri 14-Mar-14 15:58:09

I have had a Samsung smartphone on contract with Tesco for about a year. I am very new to the whole mobile thing, really. Everything is working fine but a couple of weeks ago I found that people can't hear me when I phone. I can hear them fine, texting etc is OK too. Just phoned Tesco and I need to send it back. They aim to have it back to me in 7-10 days. No replacement - but I can put the Sim card in another phone if I want and if I have a spare phone. I don't. Is this how things work? I did ask if they couldn't let me have a different handset but the answer was no. Is there anything else I can do about this? I have to wait anyway for them to send me a Jiffybag...

lollilou Fri 14-Mar-14 16:07:52

I had this with Tesco a while ago. To be fair they did send out the bag really quickly and we had the phone back within 5 days.

CheeseandPickledOnion Fri 14-Mar-14 16:21:07

Standard. They don't provide spares.

Nomama Fri 14-Mar-14 16:30:08

On the plus side a spare phone, handset only, can cost very little, about a tenner last time we needed one.

ilovesooty Fri 14-Mar-14 16:46:41

T-mobile provided a free basic temporary
handset or a lowish spec smartphone replacement for a refundable deposit.

Flossyfloof Fri 14-Mar-14 16:55:34

Thanks, I see IABU! In the best tradition of AIBU though I still don't think I am ! ILS, that is what I would have expected. I suppose I was a bit U not to ask about this kind of thing. I shall do so in future! I think my contract is for 24 months and I have only had it about 12 so I think I shall have to just accept it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now