Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed that they called two hours early.

(8 Posts)
SomethingProfound Fri 14-Mar-14 13:23:49

I was scheduled to have a telephone interview at 2:00 today, however I received the call at 12:00. I just felt really caught off guard and am worried this came across as me sounding flustered and inarticulate.

AIBU to think that calling two hours early is a little off. I can't help but wonder if it was intentional .

FoxesRevenge Fri 14-Mar-14 13:25:38

Are you sure you didn't get the time wrong?

SomethingProfound Fri 14-Mar-14 13:30:07

I did have a "I swear they said 2:00" moment after the interview, so checked the conformation email, and it definitely was 2:00.

MissingTheMountain Fri 14-Mar-14 13:31:43

I've had this before. From interviews and telephone doctors appointments.

I have no idea why it happens, but I presume that they must just think that as they are ready earlier, you will be too.

I tend to answer and just get on with it, but I know a few people who answer and explain that it's not convenient, or don't answer until the set time.

Beeeb Fri 14-Mar-14 14:58:09

I started a new job recently and the same thing happened to me. Called nearly an hour and a half early. I mentioned this with my new colleagues and a few said the same had happened to them. Apparently it is a common trick used by our human resources team.

HellomynameisIcklePickle Fri 14-Mar-14 15:13:25

No hatm in replying to the confirmation email apologising if you came across flustered because it was at a different time than expected. Make a couple more points and it'll be fine

AdventColander Fri 14-Mar-14 16:35:14

Could it be they are testing your ability to cope with unforeseen challenges, think on your feet etc?
Very annoying I know. As if job interviews arent challenging enough already.
Note to self - if I agree to a phone interview, expect it to be 2 hours early!

PeterParkerSays Fri 14-Mar-14 16:44:14

maybe they missed the 1 from 12 when typing? At least you were in when they called.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now