Talk

Advanced search

To book another babysitter?

(9 Posts)
MidniteScribbler Fri 14-Mar-14 09:43:16

I had a babysitter booked for this weekend due to having some concert tickets. I asked her to confirm with me that she was still coming, but I have heard nothing from her. I have tried calling for the last two days and no answer. How long do I have to leave it until I try and arrange a new babysitter? If she doesn't show up, I'd need to miss out on the show, there is no last minute babysitting option. I have no other babysitters on call, so I would need to try and book through an agency, so I can't leave it much longer.

HaroldLloyd Fri 14-Mar-14 09:44:48

I'd just text and say I'm having problems getting hold of you, if I don't hear back today I'll have to book an agency so just let me know.

wonderingsoul Fri 14-Mar-14 09:45:13

did you book her through an agency? if so phone th em up and tell them you havnt heard form her and you will be booking a new one

dont feel bad about it ethier

CbeebiesIsMyLife Fri 14-Mar-14 09:46:05

Leave a message along the lines of if I haven't ward from you by end of day I'm assuming you can't do it and will book someone else. Then find someone else. Baby sitter sounds unreliable already, That's not what you want!

wonderingsoul Fri 14-Mar-14 09:46:26

actuaslly having read it right..

text your b abysitter and ask her to get hold of you inm the next hour if not you will no longer be needing her.

MidniteScribbler Fri 14-Mar-14 09:50:04

No text message, I only have her home phone number and I've already left several messages on her answering machine. I've tried calling about four times yesterday (about 9am, 12pm, 2pm and 8pm) then about eight times today at very times between about 8am and now 9pm (Australian time)). She has my home and mobile numbers to contact me on.

I didn't book her though an agency, she is a carer at my son's daycare centre, but I've had a few problems with (other) staff there and have handed in notice to leave the centre. I'm worried she's being nasty because of what has gone on (although she has had nothing to do with it, and I did tell the management she was the best staff member they had).

CbeebiesIsMyLife Fri 14-Mar-14 10:04:50

Forget her and book someone else if she turns up just say 'but you didn't get back to me, I have this person now' and don't feel bad.

I worked as an agency babysitter fr a while and would NEVER have treated a client like this!

MostlyMama Fri 14-Mar-14 10:05:13

Yanbu. Book through an agency, she is clearly not reliable.

Clutterbugsmum Fri 14-Mar-14 10:08:50

Book someone else.

Then I would then leave one more message to say she no longer needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now