Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that Bingo/Gambling sites should not offer an incentitive to join?

(5 Posts)
AnnieMaybe Thu 13-Mar-14 12:56:57

Watching some morning tv and it's bingo adverts galore and each seem to be deposit £10 and get a free £20-£50 to play with.

I know only adults can register etc and should be able to control their spending but I'm concerned it's making gambling look to accessible perhaps?

I've had a dabble on the william hill bingo before and now not to gamble more than I can afford to lose but what about those who can't?

I'm torn but something just doesn't sit right with me when I see all these adverts

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 13-Mar-14 12:59:41

YABU It's the old dilemma of whether the majority have to miss out on a bargain just because a minority have self-restraint issues. Will we drop special offers on wine just because some are alcoholics or introductory offers on credit cards just because a few can't control their spending... ?

AnnieMaybe Thu 13-Mar-14 13:03:16

That's true

Are all these bingo sites the same company?

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 13-Mar-14 13:17:25

No idea. I have an annual flutter on the National (if I remember, which I often don't) but nothing would induce me to play bingo sat all on my own... smile

12thmonkey Thu 13-Mar-14 13:26:26

YABU.. These are normally introductory offers. Online gaming is much safer than your standard high street and much more regulated.
like cogi.. says.. the same can be applied to so much, alcohol, mcdonalds toy meals things, reduced cola drinks.. the list goes on..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now