Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to HATE changing rooms in shops with a passion?!

(6 Posts)
CelticJuggler Thu 13-Mar-14 12:45:01

And AIBU to think they have the most unflattering lighting known to man?

I've just been trying to get a "nice" top to go with a pair of jeans for a night out. Nothing formal, but maybe a bit sparkly or more upmarket than the usual day-to-day wear.

I have tried on 10 tops in my lunch break, and I look fat and frumpy in all of them. Different styles, different shapes, different colours.

I've recently lost weight (people have commented! smile ) but today I'm so pissed off that I can't find anything I'm eyeing the emergency chocolate bar. sad

MaidOfStars Thu 13-Mar-14 12:46:30

I think shop changing rooms are usually very flattering. It's when I get home that I realise all is not what it seemed.

TheresLotsOfFarmyardAnimals Thu 13-Mar-14 12:46:57

Yes! I can see my faded stretch marks in shop mirrors and my make up looks obvious yet in all other mirrors (not just at home) this is not the case.

I also think that they need to ban skinny mirrors because that's just a false sense of security!

CarefullyAirbrushedPotato Thu 13-Mar-14 12:51:36

also, the curtains always seem specifically designed to not quite reach both sides of the gap...

whitepuddingsupper Thu 13-Mar-14 13:19:51

They always seem to be hot as hell too. I very rarely try stuff on in shops unless it would be a big hassle to return it later.

LRDtheFeministDragon Thu 13-Mar-14 13:25:20

That's my pet hate, carefully.

Also, why do staff in some shops think it's helpful to wait til you're in your bra and then yank the curtain back to offer you a pair of heels to try on?

I like the ones that lock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now