Talk

Advanced search

The last fucking straw

(46 Posts)
Fusedog Wed 12-Mar-14 22:16:04

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2014765-AIBU-nit-to-give-this-boy-a-lift

Well tonight was the last fucking straw tonight oh was on call so I had to get a baby sitter to watch baby for 10 minutes while I picked up ds from cadets and guess what they boy was waiting expecting a fucking lift home

He hadn't rung to ask I explained * I had no one at home oh was on call and a neighbour kindly piped in to watch the baby for 10 minutes while I picked up ds I told him that he either had to come to mine and wait for oh yo get back and then I could drop him or he could ring a Cab from mine to his house and his nan would pay at the other end*

He was rude to me then said he would make his own way home it's 10 at night and he's in in army gear

But to be honest I think this is a piss take I am furious if something happens to him no doubt it will be my fuckng fault

He can't just expect a lift home he has no idea of my situation he has no idea weather or not I was even going straight home he can't just turn up at cadets expecting that I will from him home wtf

I have ring his mum however I will going up there tomorrow to have it out with her this is fucking not on

AIBU

Fusedog Wed 12-Mar-14 22:19:17

I left a bit if an angry voice mail but I think iys better if I talk to her face to face when I am a bit more clam

PatrickStarisabadbellend Wed 12-Mar-14 22:22:39

How old is he?

Fusedog Wed 12-Mar-14 22:23:15

LaurieFairyCake Wed 12-Mar-14 22:23:30

Yanbu and he's old enough to make his own arrangements.

I wouldn't even had told him I wasn't taking him home, I'd have taken him back to mine and then told him to call someone. Or I'd have left him if he was rude.

Fusedog Wed 12-Mar-14 22:23:55

Please read my link as I posted about this last week and I guess this is part 2

whattoWHO Wed 12-Mar-14 22:24:08

If you don't get any apology from the parents, speak with whoever runs the cadets. Tell them that it is not possible to give this boy lifts. Pass the responsibility back to them so that your conscious is clear when you leave him without a lift next time.

I used to be a group leader of a similar organisation, so I am reluctant to suggest something that puts even more onus on people who are volunteering a lot of their time, but in this case I don't see you have much choice.

AgentProvocateur Wed 12-Mar-14 22:24:42

What age is he?

Fusedog Wed 12-Mar-14 22:25:14

I mean I do feel bad as it's late but wtf how can he come to cadets on the assumption I would be dropping him home without speaking to me

Then getting all arsey with me and my son ffs

Fusedog Wed 12-Mar-14 22:25:37

14 he's 14 same age as my lad

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 12-Mar-14 22:26:18

Yanbu. He had the cheek to be rude to you when he hadn't even asked in advance for a lift?! I wouldn't be giving any more lifts from now on, even if they do ask in plenty of time. You've been taken advantage of enough.

YouTheCat Wed 12-Mar-14 22:26:24

He's an unpleasant rude boy and you are under no obligation to give him a lift anywhere. The responsibility of how he gets there and back is his and his parents, not yours.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 12-Mar-14 22:26:41

Yes I remember your thread. Certainly have words with mum, this has to stop. he is not your responsibility. If next week he is waiting, just go without him, and let him or cadets contact his mother.

AgentProvocateur Wed 12-Mar-14 22:26:45

Sorry - my post was slow to upload.

At 14 he can make his own way there. My DS would have thought all his Christmases had come at once if I was taxiing him at 14. Why can't the boy, and your DS, get changed and make their own way home?

PublicEnemyNumeroUno Wed 12-Mar-14 22:28:36

Fuck that, this is a piss take OP and id be fuming aswell, does he/his mum you any petrol money?

TheBody Wed 12-Mar-14 22:28:47

read your first thread on this and totally get you.

it's not your responsibility and that's it really op.

by all means tell his parents you are unable to do lifts and have a word with the cadet leader so they know situation and then move on.

it's his parents problem definatly not yours.

Fusedog Wed 12-Mar-14 22:30:38

I don't ind dropping my ds we only live 5 minutes away

But i still don't know why the boy can't get the bus then change paper toy there was a incident and he's not allowed to get the bus any more

I did ask ds what the incident was buy we have yet to find out his mum won't even let him to the local pictures on the bus

Even tough it's one bus that stops outside his house and then right outside the cinema

CrapBag Wed 12-Mar-14 22:31:19

Yanbu. Tell him and his mum no. More lifts, its out of your way and not your responsibility and leave it at that. They are really taking the piss.

Aeroflotgirl Wed 12-Mar-14 22:31:42

Yes tell his mum and tell cadet leader

Aeroflotgirl Wed 12-Mar-14 22:34:47

It's his mum responsibility to ferry him about if she does nit want him travelling alone, not you. Also he is a rude little bugger, noway!

DietCokeMultipackCan Wed 12-Mar-14 22:36:04

This is rough on you and he should never have been rude to you but I have been the kid whose mum couldn't drive and had no money and would just sort of avoid responsibility about how I was getting home and expect me to negotiate lifts with friends etc with no way of giving back.

It was awkward and embarrassing and as I got older, I increasingly stayed home when my friends went somewhere not within immediate walking distance. I hope none of my friends' mothers felt like this about me but looking back, they probably did. sad

Fusedog Wed 12-Mar-14 22:38:51

She can drive and she arms 25k she is a immragtion officer and she works shifts

Last Monday I gave him a lift and she was fucking in I did ask why he called for a lift if his mum was home he said oh she wanted to get ready in good time

She also lives with her nan so has 24 hour child care for her baby ffs

I am being mugged off big style

Luther are not poor

DietCokeMultipackCan Wed 12-Mar-14 22:40:09

Do you know her well enough to find out what's going on there? Does she think that at 14 he is old enough to find his own way home?

Fusedog Wed 12-Mar-14 22:40:54

And I didn't mind giving the lift until I was being called up at short notice like a taxi dispite asking for notice and

Not havering the mum say thanks or return the favour when off and now I am having some fucking 14 year old be rude to me when I have been going out of my way for months and there are times when he wouldn't have been able to attend like the compy weekends when a adult has to drop you off

Aeroflotgirl Wed 12-Mar-14 22:41:24

Don't give lifts and tell mum, he is not your responsibility!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now