Talk

Advanced search

To travel to Bristol just to ...

(25 Posts)
GingerMaman Wed 12-Mar-14 21:38:29

eat (again) the tastiest dessert I've ever had.

Three hour journey away.

Should I?

pinkstinks Wed 12-Mar-14 21:39:19

Do it! And tell me where it is! I am in Bristol and like dessert!

MrsWickens Wed 12-Mar-14 21:39:45

What was it? It will be a very expensive dessert so needs to be worth it. grin

annabelcaramel Wed 12-Mar-14 21:40:20

Well what was it? Don't give us half the story!

MichaelFinnigan Wed 12-Mar-14 21:43:31

Tell me where and what and I'll post you one

HandbagsandSnotrags Wed 12-Mar-14 21:45:51

More details please...

puntasticusername Wed 12-Mar-14 21:48:42

YABVU not to tell us what it is.

I'm only 30 miles from Bristol. Got nothing particular to do tomorrow. Could easily saunter down that way.

<smacks chops>

GingerMaman Wed 12-Mar-14 21:53:46

Sorry folks!

It was a creme brulee with pistachio biscotti. It was completely yummy! grin

Here's the link to the restaurant: http://www.doylecollection.com/hotels/the-bristol-hotel/dining#dining-block-2587

Oh gosh, like an idiot I now go to the restaurant website to see if they've still got in on the menu, and it's not there!!! hmm but there is a raspberry creme brulee on their lounge menu, and hey there is a creme brulee on their Sunday menu! Phew, hopefully it's the same one ...

GingerMaman Wed 12-Mar-14 21:55:08

Oh no, now I'm feeling the pressure of others trying it out and not living up to anyone's expectations ... worried smile

puntasticusername Wed 12-Mar-14 22:42:52

So it may or may not even be on the menu? FFS, does it exist or what?

If I go there tmrw and it's not there, or - even worse - they have it but it ain't all that, I will start the thread to end all threads about it and you will never be allowed back into AIBU ever again, you hear?

wink grin

GingerMaman Thu 13-Mar-14 11:34:16

puntastic,

And what happens if its the best dessert you've ever tasted, or close to it? wink

I'm really feeling for some ....

kelda Thu 13-Mar-14 11:35:01

I might have to try that during my next trip to Bristol!

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Thu 13-Mar-14 12:49:30

OP YANBU

I went a similar distance, but on a very cheap train ticket, more or less just to go to Wahaca. I did a little bit of sightseeing while I was in London, but nothing I hadn't seen before.

GingerMaman Thu 13-Mar-14 12:54:51

Onllkey, what did you have from wahaka?

I have a wahaka close by smile

QueenStromba Thu 13-Mar-14 15:11:21

Ooh - we're getting a Wahaca near us soon! What do you recommend?

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Thu 13-Mar-14 15:22:27

Ginger I went ages ago, when there was only one of them. Tommi Miers was sat on the next table. I know its her restaurant and she's probably there all the time but shock.

I had the chorizo and potato quesadillas and something else I can't remember. Probably involved pulled pork and guacamole.

Its one of those places where I can never choose as there's about 20 things on the menu that I'd like to eat.

If you're going in a group, I would get a selection of street food small plates and sides and share it between everyone.

puntasticusername Thu 13-Mar-14 15:23:30

Ginger well the trouble now, is how can any pudding possibly live up to such expectations...? smile

GingerMaman Thu 13-Mar-14 15:53:46

Onllkey, I had no idea it was tommi miers. I've been twice for work and stayed at the hotel. I got fish And chips and rather embarrassingly asked them if they could serve me normal chips instead of the posh chips/potato they had on the menu. shock Lovely view from the restaurant too on to the river/harbour. Good pre-baby days! grin

GingerMaman Thu 13-Mar-14 15:56:55

Puntastic, if you manage to get hold of one, make sure you take a pic and give us a review smile

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Thu 13-Mar-14 16:01:01

Sorry Ginger, I was talking about Wahaca, which is owned by Tommi Miers, not your posh pud hotel.

I looked at the hotel menu, the afternoon tea looks gorgeous

TestingTestingWonTooFree Thu 13-Mar-14 16:40:53

YABU. Go for this as well:

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/2014/mar/11/artist-plans-bristol-street-giant-waterslide

(Will only happen if enough people pledge money for it)

GingerMaman Thu 13-Mar-14 16:41:55

Aah ok! Going to plan a trip to wahaca now instead of Bristol ...

GingerMaman Thu 13-Mar-14 16:43:02

Michael, sorry missed your message earlier, what a generous offer indeed (and tempting!) wink

GingerMaman Thu 13-Mar-14 16:43:47

Giant waterside?! I'm on my way ....

Chippednailvarnish Thu 13-Mar-14 16:45:09

Is there still a Coleys Supper Room in Bristol? Pigoutastic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now