Talk

Advanced search

Annoying neighbourhood kids. Help needed

(7 Posts)
TwittyMcTwitterson Wed 12-Mar-14 18:46:57

Two families. Eight kids. Various friends from other streets and sometimes friends.

Always outside playing football against our house and the garages opposite. All we hear all evening is 'boing, boing, boing'. It gets annoying. More annoying is the fact that they are all shits. The were deliberately kicking their ball at the cars in the car park once. When I told them off I got very dirty looks from one particular young girl. She's been a bitch ever since.

Once one ran over my car bonnet and roof and rolypolyed off the boot. I didn't make his mum pay for the scratches as she is on income support and I didn't think it was fair. She has five kids all under ten when we moved in. Prob all under eleven now. She does nothing but insult them. Social services are involved.

Anyway, I digress, when we ask them to move they are back within 30 mins. They refuse to play by the side of their houses because their parents have said not to and they don't want to damage one of the families dads bike. They don't care about our house tho. They throw bricks at our house wall. Several of the bricks (I think you'd call them brick faces) have crumbled away. My daughter can't sleep sometimes because of them. She's 2.5.

Police say speak to council. Keep a log. Any other advice?

TwittyMcTwitterson Wed 12-Mar-14 18:52:43

Forgot to add. One of their dads lifted up our fence panel and went into our back garden to collect a ball they'd dropped. Apple tree etc.

Another time, I saw one cycle into a car and badly damage it. It was a Mercedes. I told the boy he would have to tell the owner. Went with him as he was scared. Even told his dad for him. His dad (and his mum were sleeping at 2pm on a Saturday even though all kids awake and v small) refused to accept his son had damaged car and wouldn't pay. Under age of criminal responsibility and it was an accident so police did nothing hmm

Shutupanddrive Wed 12-Mar-14 19:06:01

Sounds like a nightmare! Can you move? Can't really think of any other suggestions tbh

TwittyMcTwitterson Wed 12-Mar-14 19:09:01

Want to but we bloody bought the house didn't we! Mortgage fixed term ends December so looking at options then but can't see moving being an option. we'll also have to pay the kids to hide when we have viewings

TwittyMcTwitterson Wed 12-Mar-14 20:11:05

That's literally it isn't. Move! Police said ring everytime they play outside and they'll sen someone round if too much. Seems a waste of police time. One visit preferably threatening taser would scare them for a while. I'd think.

moodymai Wed 12-Mar-14 22:08:55

See what they do if you take photos of them. It might cause them to move somewhere else if they think you're going to do something further, like sending the photos to the council. At least you'd have some proof as it seems their parents won't take any responsibility if they damage something

TwittyMcTwitterson Thu 13-Mar-14 06:10:07

Knowing the intelligence if their parents it'll end up like that story a while back where the assume I'm a pedaphile and that's why I'm taking the pictures... hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now