Talk

Advanced search

To deactivate Facebook

(73 Posts)
FutTheShuckUp Wed 12-Mar-14 17:30:26

Because the majority of people on there at the moment are a) whining cunts b) boasting cunts and c) irritating cunts
I know this sounds terribly boring but god FB don't half bring out the worst in some people!

Lovelybunchofcocopops Wed 12-Mar-14 17:33:40

Yep, go for it. I know exactly what you are saying. Deactivate before you become a, b or c !!

Well - it's not compulsory. If you aren't enjoying it, de-reg.

Damnautocorrect Wed 12-Mar-14 17:36:06

I've just stopped going on it and deleted the app. Was going to deactivate it but was worried I'd lose pics. So instead I look like a rude cow.
I found it not very good for my mental health

TSSDNCOP Wed 12-Mar-14 17:36:59

I deactivated mine 6 months ago.

Surprisingly liberating at the time. Instantly over it.

candycoatedwaterdrops Wed 12-Mar-14 17:41:23

Obviously YANBU but do you have everyone and their wife as your FB friend or do all the people you know act like cunts? If the latter, you may need some new friends. wink

Ledare Wed 12-Mar-14 17:45:48

Don't just deactivate. Leave completely. Best thing I ever did:

www.howtoleavefacebook.com/

cardibach Wed 12-Mar-14 17:47:28

So all your friends and family are assorted varieties of cunt? That makes me sad for you. Unless - have you got random people you don't really like on your fb? That's the problem. Use it for actual friends and family and it reduces the cuntery immensely.

sooperdooper Wed 12-Mar-14 17:49:40

It's only full of crap if the people you have in your friends list post nonsense, delete them, I delete anyone who annoys me and only use it for people I like but don't see often

RedFocus Wed 12-Mar-14 17:50:28

It's been over a year since I got rid of mine. Don't miss it and I don't give a fuck what all those whining people I had on mine are doing! They were q bunch of boasting, immature cunts and I'm glad I'm no longer in touch. My real mates never used theirs anyway and we have all found life much easier without the backstabbing and bitchiness.

dancingnancy Wed 12-Mar-14 18:02:05

Why do you have folk who annoy you and sound horrible as friends? Strange! I use FB but never have any shit or deleted anyone who did annoy me or post rubbish. It's not that hard.

icanmakeyouicecream Wed 12-Mar-14 18:03:26

I deactivated a few weeks ago and haven't looked back.

Whathaveiforgottentoday Wed 12-Mar-14 18:04:38

Why not or just never go on there.
Sounds a very good plan.

perplexedpirate Wed 12-Mar-14 18:07:18

I've just had a major FB clean out because I wanted to keep photos and stuff.
It's a MUCH better place for me now.

sooperdooper Wed 12-Mar-14 18:07:50

If it's full of the people you see irl then you need to reassess more than just Facebook

swampytiggaa Wed 12-Mar-14 18:09:29

I have periodic Facebook culls of people who annoy me. I have also just deleted parents from school who I don't speak to when I see them in real life. oh and people who never post.

I now have people on there that I like smile

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 12-Mar-14 18:10:55

I only have RL friends and family on mine and a few MNers.
Why do some people have friends on FB that they don't like?

FutTheShuckUp Wed 12-Mar-14 18:13:17

Because some friends act very false and ridiculous on Facebook but are good company and normal irl

TheBody Wed 12-Mar-14 18:18:40

change your friends then. mine are on my fb and they aren't cunts.

nutcasenan Wed 12-Mar-14 18:24:21

I signed up and found it annoyingly intrusive. Googled how do I get out of it and Facebook spookily sprang up with "what's the trouble Anne? I was told I could stop activity if I wrote to some American address and helpfully gave me a map and driving instructions! So how do you deactivate and stop the intrusion?

Kezzybear Wed 12-Mar-14 18:27:10

You can be friends but have it so they don't appear in your daily news feeds. If you deactivate, you only have to log back in and all your information/photos/ ect will be back.

usualsuspect33 Wed 12-Mar-14 18:34:45

Do what you like.

Just don't announce it in a 'Look at me I'm too good for FB' way on FB.

Ledare Wed 12-Mar-14 18:35:30

The link I posted worked for me. The trick is to not accidentally log back into your account by following links for two weeks and ignoring all emails.

My RL friends on FB can't see any activity from me at all. With a deactivation, some things remain.

Then again, everything I have ever posted is still on FB servers and is their property hmm

If your friends are acting one way in real life and another way on FB, that's not a good thing, surely?

ElenorRigby Wed 12-Mar-14 19:02:54

YANBU
FB is evil grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now