Talk

Advanced search

To have smashed an egg on his windscreen

(361 Posts)
lollipoppi Tue 11-Mar-14 19:48:59

Ok, so I know IABU and it was a spur of the moment childish thing to do but ........

Upon leaving the supermarket with a 1yo and 3yo in tow, I get to my car to find a man struggling to get out of his van because he has parked so close to my car.

I politely pointed out that if he is struggling then how am I expected to get my 3yo into his car seat when I cannot open my door.
His response was "it's not my problem"
Me : well it's now my problem because your an incompetent arse
Him: f*uck off you stuck up b*tch, and walked off with his mate laughing

Whilst my 3yo was climbing over my 1yo to get to his car seat, I unloaded the shopping and came across the eggs.

I splatted one on his windscreen and bombed it

Very immature of me I know, but I think he deserved it!

StillaChocoholic Tue 11-Mar-14 19:51:04

Oh well maybe he'll think twice about being an arse next time.

LegoCaltrops Tue 11-Mar-14 19:51:10

grin

formerbabe Tue 11-Mar-14 19:51:34

He sounds a right charmer!

EyelinerQueen Tue 11-Mar-14 19:51:55

grin

YANBU.

What a gabshite he was. I admire your quick thinking!

DomesticDisgrace Tue 11-Mar-14 19:52:06

Haha I don't know what to make of that at all. I'm usually quite "passionate" myself but it sounds as if you were a bit agro from the get go

DameFanny Tue 11-Mar-14 19:53:43

Heh heh heh grin I don't care if you were BU or not

TwittyMcTwitterson Tue 11-Mar-14 19:53:49

Hilariously childish. If he wasn't an arse then YABU but he was and I bet it made you feel better grin

A tad extreme yes but there are times I wish I had the balls to so that

Longdistance Tue 11-Mar-14 19:55:16

Yanbu, he sounded like he deserved it.

Mrsantithetic Tue 11-Mar-14 19:56:29

Ha shame you didn't have any shaving foam or shower gel to write obscenities on his bonnet grin

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 11-Mar-14 19:57:02

Bet it felt good to do that smile it was totally deserved the knob

Pippintea Tue 11-Mar-14 19:57:08

I was going to say YABVU from the title! Smashing eggs in revenge is very immature grin
However, the man was an absolute twat &YWBVU not to smash 12 eggs over his stupid windscreen.

LinghamStyle Tue 11-Mar-14 19:57:15

Well probably YABU but I would have done the same thing grin

harriet247 Tue 11-Mar-14 20:00:03

Yabu really. Justin bieber got arrested for that recently! I dont know i think its always bwtter to get your own way dripping in charm, as not a fabulous example for your 3 yo. Otoh, pretty funny!

CuntyBunty Tue 11-Mar-14 20:00:35

YWNBU so long as it made you feel better. What a helmet. The van dirvier, not you.

Monetbyhimself Tue 11-Mar-14 20:01:49

In front if your kids ? Classy.

pussycatdoll Tue 11-Mar-14 20:02:12

Finally a justification for p&c spaces grin

Pimpf Tue 11-Mar-14 20:02:35

Well it's not your fault you accidentally dropped one of your eggs on his windshield [whistles innocently]

PonceyPeas Tue 11-Mar-14 20:02:53

Brilliant, love it. Might carry eggs in the car from now on just in case the same happens to me grin

Mouthfulofquiz Tue 11-Mar-14 20:03:23

YANBU.
The kids are hardly going to be damaged for life... And the twat deserved it!

jammygem Tue 11-Mar-14 20:03:37

The sensible adult in me wants to say that YABVU, but the childish fiend in me finds it hilarious and wishes I had the guts to do stuff like that...

grin

WooWooOwl Tue 11-Mar-14 20:03:46

So you started the name calling, and and because he does it back to you you think vandalising his car is not only justified, but funny as well?

What a lovely example you set to your children.

Bartman Tue 11-Mar-14 20:04:56

I hope he called the police!

hiddenhome Tue 11-Mar-14 20:05:14

I understand that some people write on others' cars with HP brown sauce. It's the naice way of doing things to bad parkers apparently smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Tue 11-Mar-14 20:09:55

I'm undecided here.
On one hand , he needed to be punished.
On the other hand, I had an egg thrown at my car from a bus passenger and it was a nightmare to clean off.

He'll know it was you though smile

(I had a angry exchange with a woman who parked right next to me (I had loaded up the shopping and the DC, she took a good few minutes to park, even though there were other spaces)
I shouted "Eh- watch my door" as she flung her opposite passenger door open , knocking my door.
She looked, that scraping shit off your shoe look.

"Good job I'm slim then" I yelled after her (I'm not particularly, but I didn't shout "Good job I'm not a fecking lardy arsed fat heifer like you then" which was my unspoken words on my bitten tongue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now