Talk

Advanced search

To ask you torecommend guided meditation Cd without flaky new age shite

(10 Posts)
girlwhowearsglasses Tue 11-Mar-14 11:43:36

Really - I partly want this for my Dad (anxiety, about to go on holiday - really worried about it), and after buying a lovely guided meditation CD recommended on here this week fro my DCs I'm thinking about it for myself...

Amazon is full of New Age shite (sorry all) and I can't see the wood for the trees. I don't want meditations involving angels and crystals, I want something that is recommended by a real person. I'm a sceptic on the new age and homeopathic front, but I know that mindfulness and meditation does work IYKWIM...

Haggisfish Tue 11-Mar-14 11:45:57

www.meditainment.com/guided-relaxation/ I like this one personally, but all their stuff is good.

Pagwatch Tue 11-Mar-14 11:53:06

this one is very good and not new age at all

girlwhowearsglasses Tue 11-Mar-14 11:56:17

That looks good Pagwatch I want audio CD or download though... Thanks Haggis

ladypete Tue 11-Mar-14 12:04:12

I don't really know what you mean by new age but I have a few tracks by Brad Austen that I like. if he's new age please ignore me

FaceDirectionOfTravel Tue 11-Mar-14 12:07:26

The YouTube nlpmagic has self hypnosis tracks that I listen to regularly. Also Joseph Clough has a free app wit self hypnosis. I am pretty happy with woo but these aren't woo.

FaceDirectionOfTravel Tue 11-Mar-14 12:08:07

Youtube channel. And Pagwatch's book has a CD with it. grin

DinahSoar Tue 11-Mar-14 12:10:14

Anything by Jon Kabat Zinn - he's the 'real deal' (as Ruby Wax said on Room 101 recently) and doesn't do all the new age stuff you're trying to avoid. There's a video on YouTube (just google his name) if you want to see what he's like beofre buying a CD.

Kerosene Tue 11-Mar-14 12:17:14

I've been doing Headspace, though I've only just finished the first program. It might be a bit low-level for you, and I'm not sure if the download method is what you're looking for, but so far, it's remarkably lacking in woo.

girlwhowearsglasses Tue 11-Mar-14 12:25:14

Oh great thanks all - My DF doesn't have a device (Ipod, ipad, kindle etc - they make him nervous hmm) and so apps or downloads no good for him - for me they look great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now