Talk

Advanced search

to think my DS is being influenced by drug friend?

(3 Posts)
CraigsYummyMummy Tue 11-Mar-14 11:06:46

My DS, who is never off his video games and has currently been in his room for the past 7 hours, has recently gotten a new friend from school who came round to our house.

I always make his friends feel welcome but this one was a right weird one.... he don't look me in the eye or nowt' - about 3 times it went on for about 4 and a half minutes! He was obviously on some kind of substance - I don't know which one and I don't want to think which one cause then I'd have to think where his friend had come from and then his friend wopuld be influencing my DS.

I can only say that my DS is gunna be on drugs by the end of the week if this carries on! He is very easily influenced especially in his virtual worlds so now he is in the human world he might even do human things which could have an effect on him...

I am not to blame for this but I need your help to get rid of this weird friend who has been taking drugs cause he din't look me in the eye.... can I have sum help hmm shock brew

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Tue 11-Mar-14 11:11:38

I am not sure how you can be sure that not looking someone in the eye = drugs.

There can be many reasons why someone doesn't make eye contact.

shyness.
asd.
bad attitude even grin
and drugs may be prescribed medication for any number of conditions.

So you don't know for a fact what was going on with him. Unless there is some relevant fact you intend to drop in in a minute, like track marks on his arms or dilated pupils or him rolling a joint in the middle of the living room.

How old is your son?

You have to hope that you have been a competent parent and have educated your child about drugs and hope that they will make the right choices.

and tbh, even if you have educated them, they often still experiment!

onetiredmummy Tue 11-Mar-14 11:33:30

Which thread do you want us to reply to? There's a duplicate one on the Relationships board.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now