Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect to be treated like a princess on my birthday??

(119 Posts)
Stars66 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:41:18

It's my birthday today and I'm feeling miserable. I had to go to work today although boss wasn't in so I mostly skived but I expected BF of 6 years to treat me like a princess when I got home, well he tried I guess, he got me some perfume (not my fave which is almost empty) and chocolates (although 2 days ago he told me I was fat), but the card says my full name, which I never use, and he got me flowers yesterday from sainsburys; lilies which I love and carnations which I hate. He just told me that he has ordered the bag which I had hinted that I wanted, but it hasn't arrived.
Anyway now I've written that down it seems like loads but I feel grumpy. There was no card from my daughter (age 18 months), even though I told nursery staff that it was my birthday in a massive hint for them to make me a card.

Anyway, I feel like my day has been rubbish. AIBU???

Skiingmaniac Mon 10-Mar-14 21:42:38

Lol.....u r joking right? Yabvvvu

Haha

whitepuddingsupper Mon 10-Mar-14 21:44:16

YAB a bit U to your DP, perfume flowers and chocolates is a reasonable effort (although calling you fat is twattish of him).

MrsDavidBowie Mon 10-Mar-14 21:44:25

Are you 15?

Littlefish Mon 10-Mar-14 21:44:40

Are you 8?

You are being not only unreasonable, but completely ridiculous as well.

gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Mar-14 21:44:57

pmsl - good effort but you over did it so no one will buy it grin

ChaosTrulyReigns Mon 10-Mar-14 21:45:27

FWR is that >> way.

smile

CuttingOutTheCrap Mon 10-Mar-14 21:45:31

You are a little, yes! It sounds like he's tried to make it a good day for you, and it's not his fault you had to work. Apart from the calling you issue, which is NOT ok, he seems to be trying his best. Is there more to this?

waltermittymissus Mon 10-Mar-14 21:46:58

^FWR is that >> way.

smile^

<snort>

CuttingOutTheCrap Mon 10-Mar-14 21:46:59

calling you fat sigh.

TheWomanWithTheMysteriousLump Mon 10-Mar-14 21:48:04

Well you certainly sound like a bit of a princess. But nothing will ever top the ghastly car stereo woman - I wonder if he's ditched her yet.

FarelyKnuts Mon 10-Mar-14 21:48:27

A princess? Are you royalty? Otherwise erm.. YABU.

Nice try though.

noblegiraffe Mon 10-Mar-14 21:48:57

18 month olds can't make birthday cards, and expecting the nursery staff to make a birthday card for you is a bit weird.

LRDtheFeministDragon Mon 10-Mar-14 21:49:25

You want to wear copious amounts of L K Bennett and have people take long-lens pics of you naked? confused

Fair enough, but I don't see the appeal and maybe neither does he.

PollyCazaletWannabe Mon 10-Mar-14 21:49:47

I call wind up.
The car stereo woman? Which thread was that please? Sounds juicy grin

HyvaPaiva Mon 10-Mar-14 21:49:57

Perfume, flowers, chocolates and the handbag you want? That birthday-ruining bastard. Next year he'll probably buy you diamond shoes that are too tight sad

fluffyraggies Mon 10-Mar-14 21:50:08

Card, flowers, chocs and a bag (on it's way) seems plenty to me.

I had to wait 11 months for my birthday present to 'arrive' last year, as DH had bought tickets in advance for a gig this year. But i had breakfast in bed and a bunch of flowers on the day, to go with the tickets, so i was more than happy.

Stars66 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:50:18

Boooo. Yes I feel 8. Guess I'm missing extended family, mum died when I was a teenager, dad lives abroad, bro and sis couldn't visit today.
Ok will give myself a big kick up the backside wink

WorraLiberty Mon 10-Mar-14 21:50:24

Happy 10th Birthday OP cake

FutTheShuckUp Mon 10-Mar-14 21:51:26

Could be worse...your daughter could have been like mine and got all her mates to make me a card....with an age many years more than my actual years on the front shockshockshockshock

UniS Mon 10-Mar-14 21:51:59

Ha Ha. YABU

MrsBungle Mon 10-Mar-14 21:53:20

Oh come on! Woman up!

Funnyfoot Mon 10-Mar-14 21:54:37

I think about 8 posters before you gave you the kick up the backside OP wink

YABVU. Be thankful for what you have not what you don't have because it can be gone in a second, as my dear old nan used to say

ThursdayLast Mon 10-Mar-14 21:55:16

What gordys said.
Wind uuuuuuup

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now