Talk

Advanced search

To think the school run was bad enough before this?

(5 Posts)
lunar1 Mon 10-Mar-14 20:16:26

It's 1.5 miles to school, we already have to play dodge the dog shit. Watch out for the wobbly children on bikes/scooters. Battle through the teenagers who have to be in a row of six and can't budge to let you through. Then there is having to walk on the very busy main road as some twat thinks the foot path is his parking space and I mustn't forget to keep out the way of adults hurtling towards us on bikes in the path who think we can magically spring out the way with no warning.

Today has to be the icing on the cake though, as we were running the gauntlet to school I was stopped by a group of Jehovah's witnesses who thought I had nothing better to do than read some leaflets and chat about the importance of family!

AIBU to just buy a car and never walk to school again?

JeanSeberg Mon 10-Mar-14 20:44:08

It really annoys me people have no concept of what's going on around them or put them in your shoes and realise the timing isn't good.

You need a private jet! grin

lunar1 Mon 10-Mar-14 20:51:32

Oooh or a helicopter. I think I just need all the other people and animals to vanish for an hour twice a day!

JeanSeberg Mon 10-Mar-14 21:09:38

Jet packs!

drnoitall Mon 10-Mar-14 21:11:32

Say ....Oh I'm rather busy, knock for me later, give a different address. ;-))))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now