Advanced search

Is this a good idea? Elemant of suprise

(74 Posts)
EatShitDerek Mon 10-Mar-14 19:11:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EatShitDerek Mon 10-Mar-14 19:12:21

CitrusyOne Mon 10-Mar-14 19:15:16

The orange ones will make the non- orange ones taste of orange anyway if you put them all together.

curlyclaz13 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:16:31

I wouldn't be happy orange flavoured stuff makes me ill !

EatShitDerek Mon 10-Mar-14 19:17:35

CitrusyOne Mon 10-Mar-14 19:19:38

Chocolate won't contaminate. Only orange. And ginger. Ginger contaminates.

NewtRipley Mon 10-Mar-14 19:21:40

This is intent of paramount importance.

I think orange will contaminate.

I've done similar with crisps and the elephant of surprise is not as not as great as I expected

NewtRipley Mon 10-Mar-14 19:22:00

indeed of paramount importance grin

NewtRipley Mon 10-Mar-14 19:22:49

P.S.

I've never heard of orange choc digestives, so you learn summat new everysay

Hoppinggreen Mon 10-Mar-14 19:24:21

I hate chocolate and orange together.
If I thought you were offering me a nice biccy and I got a mouthful of yucky chocolate and orange I would be very unimpressed!!

CitrusyOne Mon 10-Mar-14 19:24:23

Yes Ripley I hate it when different flavours of crisp have been mixed up- my mouth doesn't know which flavour to expect.

Breadkneadslove Mon 10-Mar-14 19:24:36

Nooooo make sure they are stored separately otherwise all that happens is you end up with normal chocolate digestives tasting vaguely of orange, which will just be strange! But I definitely would serve them on a plate together because I like the idea of biscuit roulette!

This whole orange / chocolate dilemma was a red herring though right???you were just trying to trick people into believing that you would be so crass as to offer up biscuits to guests served from a tin wink

EatShitDerek Mon 10-Mar-14 19:24:43

EatShitDerek Mon 10-Mar-14 19:26:23

Egusta Mon 10-Mar-14 19:27:23

I'd be okay with it. But probably because I detest chocolate and would have refused your offer anyway.

cherrytree63 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:28:03

Elephant of surprise?

Personally I woukd fill the visitor's biscuit tin with the cheapest "own brand" bix and keep all the chocy/orange ones for ME!

EatShitDerek Mon 10-Mar-14 19:29:20

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 10-Mar-14 19:31:13

Don't mix. Things that taste not as you expect can be unpleasant.

Fathertedfan Mon 10-Mar-14 19:31:17

I think orange chocolate and straight chocolate biscuits are ok together sharing the tin. It's mint biscuits that contaminate the rest. I speak with bitter experience following a mint 'munchies' and original munchies mix up some years ago...

RunRunRuby Mon 10-Mar-14 19:31:20

Yes the orange ones will make the non-orange ones taste orangey. Like when you get one of those disappointing biscuit selections at Christmas and the orange one has made everything else taste orangey. Same with some chocolates. Very disappointing sad

I don't like chocolate orange biscuits so would prefer a host kept them separate so that I didn't have to then eat my way through a disgusting-tasting contaminated biscuit to avoid appearing rude smile

I do like Terry's chocolate orange but nothing else chocolate orange flavoured confused

RunRunRuby Mon 10-Mar-14 19:32:38

Oh don't do the roulette thing. I wouldn't want to get the wrong flavour so would go without a biscuit sad

I find the unknown flavour crisps unsettling too.

EatShitDerek Mon 10-Mar-14 19:35:31

BikeRunSki Mon 10-Mar-14 19:36:09

As a visitor I would be v upset to get an orange one. Chocolate orange is a waste of good chocolate, but I would eat it anyway out of politeness and be resentful of being misled into eating unenjoyable calories.

I also think the orange ones would contaminate the nice ones in the same tin.

DoJo Mon 10-Mar-14 19:42:18

There is something really nostalgic about eating mixed flavoured crisps from a bowl - reminds me of going to parties when I was small.

There is NOTHING nostalgic about thinking you are biting into a chocolate digestive, only to discover orangeness lurking within its deliciousness - only try this if you will be offering biscuits to people you hate and never wish to see again!

Fathertedfan Mon 10-Mar-14 19:44:36

No viscounts cannot enter the tin. No amount of Shiny wrapping will stop the minty contamination.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now