Talk

Advanced search

DH apparently not giving a...

(13 Posts)
duckyneedsaclean Mon 10-Mar-14 17:07:05

Feeling very pissed off with dh. Took my youngest to a Neurology appt today, he has developmental delay.
Text him afterwards saying 'poor bubs had to have a blood test. And they want him to have an MRI under general anaesthetic.'

He text back 2 and a half hours later saying 'I've got a meeting in 10 mins. So tired.'

AIBU?

EeyoreIsh Mon 10-Mar-14 17:08:00

Maybe he didn't get your text?

DoJo Mon 10-Mar-14 17:10:09

Are you sure he got your text?
If he did, on the basis of his reply, YANBU, but if he is generally an attentive and loving father then the text is probably just a symptom of his tiredness and not necessarily a sign that he doesn't give a fig/monkey's/insert ruder expletive here!

YouTheCat Mon 10-Mar-14 17:11:02

Tbh I'd have expected a text off him to ask how it had gone or a call in his lunch break.

And diddums to him feeling tired when you've had to watch your child have blood taken, which is a traumatic enough process. You must be shattered and your dc too.

Stockhausen Mon 10-Mar-14 17:11:31

Agree. .. did he get your text??

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Mon 10-Mar-14 17:11:41

I would assume that he did not get your text.

Before being cross, just make sure he received your message.

If he did, and that was all he replied, then it's time to kick his arse!

HyvaPaiva Mon 10-Mar-14 17:16:23

But even if he didn't get the text, he sent a text without any mention of his son's neurology appointment.

He didn't ask 'is he ok? how did it go?' Nothing about his child, just 'I'm tired'. That's selfish.

duckyneedsaclean Mon 10-Mar-14 17:19:40

I rang him twice when i got out (before i text) and he didn't answer but it rang. So phone was on. I will try to stay calm until I find out if he got it.

try

cupcake78 Mon 10-Mar-14 17:20:27

I get this op and it drives me mad. At home dh is a good dad and helps. The minute he walks out the door everything becomes my problem. It drives me insane!

5madthings Mon 10-Mar-14 17:24:14

That's shit. He should have txt asking how the app went etc.

Ffs my do will txt if the kids are poorly just to see how they are etc. And when ds3 had hospital app he would txt to ask how we got on, if he can he rearranged work to go along to the appointment.

RiverTam Mon 10-Mar-14 17:27:46

some people are totally in the zone when at work - DH can be a bit like this when he is very busy - it's not that he doesn't care or he's completely forgotten but that he's flat out, focussed, possibly stressed and tired and doesn't remember everything else that's going on. Once he's left work he's all ours!

SoftlyTiptoe Mon 10-Mar-14 17:30:17

Same, I would have expected a pre-emptive text reminding me to let him know asap, or just asking how everything went. I hope he just didn't receive it!

Pippintea Mon 10-Mar-14 17:52:03

Ask him if he got your text re. his child?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now