Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've just found a piece of butter wrapping in my home-made (shop bought) cake

(13 Posts)
D0oinMeCleanin Mon 10-Mar-14 15:55:19

AIBU to use this disgusting and disturbing find to ensure I get a lifetime supply of free buttery, buttercream topped cupcakes?

I should complain loudly until they give into my very reasonable demand, no? I am traumatised by this. The least I deserve is free cake, actually, in the interest of being fair they can keep the cake and just give me the buttercream and sprinkles.

lighthearted

PenguinBear Mon 10-Mar-14 15:56:24

Take it back and complain! Was it a small village type shop?

Macocious Mon 10-Mar-14 15:56:52

Are you sure it wasn't margarine wrapping???

EatShitDerek Mon 10-Mar-14 15:58:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 10-Mar-14 15:59:01

I can't take it back I've eaten it I still have the piece of wrapping but I have licked all the butter cream off it that'll be enough, won't it?

It was a small sandwich shop. A lady bakes and decorates the cakes and sells them to the shop. The lady is a butter cream genius, imo.

WorraLiberty Mon 10-Mar-14 16:00:16

Tell them the shock made you fall over and you broke both your legs

That ought to see you alright for cakes in the future

ShatnersBassoon Mon 10-Mar-14 16:01:27

Call 101.

YouTheCat Mon 10-Mar-14 16:03:57

Tell them, in order to ensure this never happens again, you will have to personally inspect all future cakes, just to be on the safe side.

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 10-Mar-14 16:06:49

You need to pimp your claim there is actually a dodgy claim place in Bradford called pimp my claim. You need to actually take a piece of cow and say you found it in your buttercream. If you're squeamish a whole cow will do. I anticipate sharing your free goodies.

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 10-Mar-14 16:09:38

A cow. Excellent idea. The first person to bring me a whole cow can have the free cake, I get the butter cream. Deal?

DailyFail also an excellent idea, assuming they would have to buy some of the offending cakes to photograph and bring them to me.

truelymadlysleepy Mon 10-Mar-14 16:23:15

I actually think you're being very selfish.
What if a frail old lady bought a cake & choked on the butter wrapper?
In the interests of Public Health you have a duty of care to eat all the cakes in the shop today.

BadgersNadgers Mon 10-Mar-14 17:11:54

A cow. Excellent idea. The first person to bring me a whole cow can have the free cake, I get the butter cream. Deal?

Depends on whether you remove the buttercream with a spoon or lick it off.

PickleSarnie Mon 10-Mar-14 17:15:35

What if you accidentally slipped on the butter covered wrapper and needed to claim �millions compensation helped by some friendly Ambulance Chasers? It could happen you know - free cake is the least she could do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now