Talk

Advanced search

...to expect new tights from M&S to look new on first wear?

(12 Posts)
WotchOotErAPolis Mon 10-Mar-14 15:15:33

Or is my skin really so rough now that I'm an old lady, that it's already full of pulled threads and looks like I've worn them for months?

After spending hours selecting from the seemingly millions of alternatives [I just want a pair of black tights honestly!] they just seem so fragile!

I recently took back 4 pairs of 'ladder-resist' as yes they resisted ladders. but they just made great big holes instead on their first outing! Come on M&S - get your game up please! We really expect more of you.angry

JeanSeberg Mon 10-Mar-14 15:19:05

Were they Autograph or just standard M&S ones? I've never had a problem with the former.

WotchOotErAPolis Mon 10-Mar-14 19:30:40

"Standard" ie sheer 15-denier appearance, not support or anything fancy. A friends daughter tells me primark's are just as good if not better!!

JeanSeberg Mon 10-Mar-14 19:33:10

And probably a lot cheaper!

TentUpFirstBunkUpLater Mon 10-Mar-14 19:34:55

I buy my tights in Primark.

5 pairs for £3.00.

Tophole

WotchOotErAPolis Mon 10-Mar-14 19:40:27

I feel a visit to my local Primark coming on...grin

cardibach Mon 10-Mar-14 19:44:43

I get mine (when I wear any - I normally wear trousers) from Aldi as they are longer than average - as are their pop socks. THey seem to last well and are cheap.

Goodadvice1980 Mon 10-Mar-14 19:45:16

Don't get me started on how lousy M&S tights are! And the attitude of customer services when returning them didn't help either!

ladypete Tue 11-Mar-14 13:20:12

I second (third?) Primark!

I think I get 3 pairs for £3. And they're long enough too which is a big, big help.

ladypete Tue 11-Mar-14 13:21:53

I did also have a lovely pair from boots that I had to get in am emergency ladder emergency not a downstairs emergency grin. They were very nice but were about £7 for 2 pairs IIRC

DidoTheDodo Tue 11-Mar-14 13:23:50

I buy Asda ones too. (To my shame, but no one know where they came from when they are on). They seem to last for ages.

I also stock up in the summer when they are often on offer.

emsyj Tue 11-Mar-14 13:31:33

Last time I bought a 3 pack of 20 denier tights from M&S, the first two pairs ripped in my hands as I went to put them on. I've not bought them since. They're a load of shit. My DMum always used to swear by BHS tights...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now