Talk

Advanced search

... to think that this IndigoChild stuff is a load of nonsense?

(80 Posts)
CasioBlues Sun 09-Mar-14 22:39:50

Have you come across this New Age idea?

http://www.2012-spiritual-growth-prophecies.com/indigo-child.html

ouryve Sun 09-Mar-14 22:41:54

Apparently, children born in the past decade or so are crystal children. Something to do with Indigo children having paved the way for them.

It's still bollocks, whatever the terminology.

GreenLandsOfHome Sun 09-Mar-14 22:41:55

Can you link?

Beehatch Sun 09-Mar-14 22:43:19

Indigo's are so last century. What you really want is a rainbow child!

EatShitDerek Sun 09-Mar-14 22:44:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Beehatch Sun 09-Mar-14 22:44:40

Or maybe it was Crystal as ouryve says. Bollocks anyway!

Euphemia Sun 09-Mar-14 22:44:47

What utter guff.

CasioBlues Sun 09-Mar-14 22:50:39

This was the link www.2012-spiritual-growth-prophecies.com/indigo-child.html

To be honest, I know it's nonsense, I was just tempted to share

AGnu Sun 09-Mar-14 22:55:39

According to that, I'm an 'Indigo'. No idea what the point of that 'diagnosis' is though! I suspect it's got more to do with the social attitudes of each generation post-war than any rediscovery of hidden telepathy tbh! hmm

MortaIWombat Sun 09-Mar-14 22:57:44

Oooh, I bet all the parents of "indigo children" are really sour about "crystal children", who are now even more special than their own special little flowers. grin
Nutters, the lot of them.

NationMcKinley Sun 09-Mar-14 22:57:51

I've just read the bit on "Behavioural Patterns of Indigo Children" and realised that I know loads! essentially just giant, entitled pains in the arse grin

Caitlyn2014 Sun 09-Mar-14 23:03:54

I read about this years ago and came to the conclusion Indigo Children are on the spectrum but the parents cant handle the reality of it so they call it something else instead and make out the kids have special powers.

WilsonFrickett Sun 09-Mar-14 23:08:23

Tis bollocks. And my kid is on the spectrum. But it's still bollocks.

I'm sure theres a bit in there about golden hair too. We had a good drunk thread on the SN boards talking about the triad of imhairments iirc.

Burren Sun 09-Mar-14 23:10:29

YABU. Inner Knowing, the Cosmic Caring Indigo, and Aura Diagnostics are all true and really, really important. Riiiight. And I am Marie of Roumania.

Skimming that link suggests the a Indigo Child concept is a batshit New Age-y way of 'rebranding' children on the autistic spectrum or with ADD...?

PandaFeet Sun 09-Mar-14 23:10:49

I read the link and I am still not sure what it means.

It describes me though.

Please, someone explain?

Burren Sun 09-Mar-14 23:15:57

Panda, it means some people are really gullible and like reading books that feature auras, travelling between worlds and inner knowing.

chocoluvva Sun 09-Mar-14 23:19:03

'Tis UTTER nonsense.

elmerelephant Sun 09-Mar-14 23:31:52

Good grief my Mums an indigo and she was born in 1941, although my counselor calls it histrionic personality disorder. I think I prefer Indigo though.

bettybigballs Mon 10-Mar-14 08:13:28

The behavioural traits have made me chuckle. I know a few children who show very similar traits, as would DS given half a chance!

They are born feeling and knowing they are special and should be revered.
An indigo knows they belong here as they are and expect you to realize it as well.
These children are more confident and have a higher sense of self-worth.
Absolute authority, the kind with no choices, negotiation, or input from them does not sit well. The educational system is a good example.
Some of the rules we so carefully followed as children seem silly to them and they fight them.
Rigid ritualistic systems are considered archaic to an indigo child. They feel everything should be given creative thought.
They are insightful and often have a better idea of method then what has been in place for years. This makes them seem like "system busters."
Adults often view an indigo as anti-social unless they are with other indigos. Often they feel lost and misunderstood, which causes them to go within.
The old control methods like, "Wait till your father gets home," have no affect on these children.
The fulfillment of their personal needs is important to them, and they will let you know.

Dawndonnaagain Mon 10-Mar-14 08:23:56

oh look, a label for crap parenting!

candycoatedwaterdrops Mon 10-Mar-14 08:35:58

I was born after 1978 but I am none of those things. Won't someone please tell me the colour of my aura?! sad

Goblinchild Mon 10-Mar-14 08:38:45

Yes of course candy.
First send me a cheque for £1500, a piece of your hair and a transcript of your last dream. Then we can begin.

LRDtheFeministDragon Mon 10-Mar-14 08:59:02

'The old control methods like, "Wait till your father gets home," have no affect on these children.'

grin

No affect, eh? Poor children.

(I'm allowed to mock because it's a quotation from the site, right?)

gordyslovesheep Mon 10-Mar-14 09:04:25

The fulfillment of their personal needs is important to them - so basically just like all children !

what a lot of tosh and nonsense

Martorana Mon 10-Mar-14 09:06:59

indigo children are so day before yesterday. They are Crystal or Rainbow children now. I think. Unless there has been another evolution I haven't noticed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now