Talk

Advanced search

Quick question

(7 Posts)
benetint Sun 09-Mar-14 16:51:22

If a car rolls down the (very teeny) hill into my car, parked innocently outside my house, rendering apparently £1058 worth of damage to their insurance company... why the hell should it affect my premium?? I've just gone for a renewal and it's rocketed sky high - because if this they said. And the teeny hill is now obsolete as I've moved house!

Goldmandra Sun 09-Mar-14 17:29:16

Could it be partly because they are not allowed to reduce premiums for females any more?

monkeysox Sun 09-Mar-14 17:34:40

Shop around and get a cheaper quote I saved three hundred pounds by.changing company

caroldecker Sun 09-Mar-14 17:49:14

The statistics show people who have accidents are more likely, even if not your fault the first time

TwittyMcTwitterson Sun 09-Mar-14 21:17:21

What Carole said. I had some absolute arse twat of a man go in the back of me and my premium rose. I asked why and she said 'if you have a crash, you are statistically more likely to have a crash within the next three years, regardless of blame. shock

TwittyMcTwitterson Sun 09-Mar-14 21:17:53

She being the insurance person.

deakymom Sun 09-Mar-14 21:19:17

ours didnt go up by much and my OH was in the wrong for the crash they said it was because they needed you to stay with them to get there money back!!

change companies tesco value are good xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now