Talk

Advanced search

To not know anyone who buys rhino horn

(10 Posts)
Ticklefeet Sat 08-Mar-14 07:43:34

Prince William and David beckingham have done a shiny advert which I saw last night about Rhino's. Prince William urged us all at the end to Stop Buying Rhino
It's a good ad, but I have never known anyone buy rhino, the ad just seemed surreal?

Sparklingbrook Sat 08-Mar-14 07:47:27

I don't either. I can't stand DB and don't know why he's even doing this. All v worthy I am sure and good for the brand.

As for Prince William-why is he lecturing is?

Sparklingbrook Sat 08-Mar-14 07:47:46

*us

SanityClause Sat 08-Mar-14 07:49:59

I believe there is a big market for rhino horn in Yemen. Maybe they will show the ads there? hmm

RalphRecklessCardew Sat 08-Mar-14 07:53:28

Milk
Teabags
Kitchen Towel
Rhino Horn
Ambergris

Normal shop, surely.

Goldenhandshake Sat 08-Mar-14 07:53:41

Is it not used quite alot of Chinese medicines? If they are aiming to show the ad there then it's a great idea, I think brand Beckham is pretty big in China and throwing in a Royal is a pretty good PR move.

I am not aware of a huge UK market for it though.

Sparklingbrook Sat 08-Mar-14 07:55:11

The ad has definitely been on when I have been watching stuff.

Aldi probably sell Rhino horn in their square of treasure.

MsAspreyDiamonds Sat 08-Mar-14 07:58:23

Where does Prince William manage to find time to film for a charitable cause amidst all the holidays & hunting trips he goes on?

Maybe he should show the ad to his rich pals as they do have the means to buy rhino horn if they wanted to. The ordinary person wont find it in their local tesco.

Sparklingbrook Sat 08-Mar-14 08:03:19

Here it is. Watch and cringe.

Ticklefeet Sat 08-Mar-14 08:03:41

Square of treasure! Love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now