Talk

Advanced search

to cry over hair disaster

(13 Posts)
TwinkleTwinkleNeverwhere Fri 07-Mar-14 19:30:27

oh shit - I've cut my toddlers hair too short and its an uneven disaster. Her beautiful curls are all gone...the hairdressers going to have to give her a pixie cut to sort it.

I feel like a horrible mother, I've totally ruined her beautiful hair. DP keeps saying not to worry, it will grow but im so upset, but he's not seen it yet. everyone Will be horrified I've ruined her lovely curls. :-(

Feminine Fri 07-Mar-14 19:33:27

Poor you sad

What inspired you to do it?

Anyway, a pixie cut is mega cute! grin

MikeLitoris Fri 07-Mar-14 19:34:07

It will grow back.

My cousins dd cut her off on one side. She looked ridiculous for a few weeks but hair bands and bows helped.

EverythingsDozy Fri 07-Mar-14 19:34:25

Don't cry sad
Hair grows. I know it isn't much consolation at the moment but it does grow! I had my hair cut recently for all the wrong reasons but it grows back!
Hairdresser may be able to fix it so it's still nice smile

MikeLitoris Fri 07-Mar-14 19:34:34

Cut her hair off

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Fri 07-Mar-14 19:35:25

Pixie cut will look adorable. Much more fashion forward than curls.

CMOTDibbler Fri 07-Mar-14 19:35:34

Its fine. It will grow back, and be easier to deal with than toddler curls anyway

coffeeinbed Fri 07-Mar-14 19:35:59

It'll grow.

And think just how much easier it will be to look after it.

vichill Fri 07-Mar-14 19:37:47

my mum did this to me all the time and now we cry with laughter at the photos smile grin

Hoppinggreen Fri 07-Mar-14 19:38:03

How well can she talk - could you claim she did it herself ??????!!!
It WILL grow back though. When my DD was 3 she was being such a nightmare about having her hair washed and brushed I had it cut into a short bob - I cried!!

TwinkleTwinkleNeverwhere Fri 07-Mar-14 19:40:34

i only meant to trim the ends as they were so uneven from having to cut out knots every so often. I just was trying to even it up...it sure isn't even now though and is up to her ears.

i have wine now, this helps.

AndIFeedEmGunpowder Fri 07-Mar-14 19:40:37

Hopping you evil genius! wink

frogslegs35 Fri 07-Mar-14 20:25:20

My dsis once done the same to her daughter, she didn't even take much off but what was left kind of sprung tighter and made it appear much shorter.
It was fine once it grew back a bit, the weight stretched her curls back down.

Hopping you evil genius! I second this smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now