Talk

Advanced search

To feel like the clothes airer has become part of my living room decor?

(14 Posts)
Hotmad Fri 07-Mar-14 18:17:11

I mean seriously it's up every bleeping day so much so that I feel like it's a real part of our decor now! Starting to feel like I want to decorate it to make it look more aesthetically pleasing.. Although the clothes would obviously cover it.... How much washing do others do? I have a DH and a 3 month old DD, will it get better?

WeeClype Fri 07-Mar-14 18:19:11

I have a clothes dryer in every bedroom and one in the bathroom!!

It doesn't get any better.

DipMeInChocolate Fri 07-Mar-14 18:22:43

Mines in the bedroom, I hated it downstairs. I was embarrassed when people came over to see our underwear hanging up for all to see. The bedroom is fine, I iron in there too so its easy to iron straight from the dryer and hang straight from the ironing board.

corkgirlindublin Fri 07-Mar-14 18:22:49

No. dd x 2 and and dh and the washing is endless. Clothes currently on 1 airer in the kitchen, 1 in spare room, garden clothesline full and most radiators full.

Mrswellyboot Fri 07-Mar-14 18:27:07

Ughh, I have a five month old and the washing is constant! I am a fan of the drier though and tend to wait to put washing out when the heat is due to come on. Kitchen only though or upstairs bathroom.

Artandco Fri 07-Mar-14 18:27:34

We have one. Not up all the time though. There's x2 adults, x2 toddlers here and we do about 5 loads a week max. That's including bedding/ towels and they get tumble dried

Nocomet Fri 07-Mar-14 18:28:22

very soon it will be the outdoor and sunny conservatory drying season and cloth horses can be banished from the kitchen, it is bliss.

LoadsaBlusher Fri 07-Mar-14 18:29:53

Mine is a permanent fixture in my bedroom alongside the plastic laundry basket and the ironing pile
I yearn for an actual laundry room so that my bedroom could be a clear and clutter free sanctuary
I have OH and two boys so see no end to laundry mountain !

ItsBritneyBitch Fri 07-Mar-14 18:33:47

YABU by ironing! grin

Seriously though, I've just put mine down (after it being up for about 8days) about an hour go after thinking "fuck the washing it's Friday!"

Only me and 5month old bubba! shock

Hotmad Fri 07-Mar-14 18:43:59

I'm currently in a 1 bed flat so no room anywhere else exce

Hotmad Fri 07-Mar-14 18:44:25

Except living room which luckily is quite spacious

SylvaniansKeepGettingHoovered Fri 07-Mar-14 19:56:19

It doesn't get better, it gets worse

Both DDs were quite sicky babies so I had lots of washing. But then the kids grow and their clothes get bigger and bigger (taking up more room) and they use more towels more often

NewtRipley Fri 07-Mar-14 19:58:39

Couldn't you put it in the bath?

rabbitlady Fri 07-Mar-14 20:22:50

mine are in my bedroom. i have one heated and three other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now