Talk

Advanced search

To ask my DP to give up his quiet night in so I can sniffle on his shoulder?

(9 Posts)
Meatfeastpizza Fri 07-Mar-14 13:39:37

My DP and I live separately. He was planning a quiet night in doing his artsy nerdy thing and watching tv.
Fine. I don't begrudge him his space at all.
But I'm having a crappy time ATM, abusive ex still causing problems, my kids are a bit evil boisterous, I have horrible PMT which is magnifying everything. I just feel like shite and I've cried all day.
He's popping in after work to give me a breather so I can take a walk and get some peace from the kids, which is lovely of him.
But would I be unreasonable I ask him to stay so I don't have to be alone when I feel like this?

sheriffofnottingham Fri 07-Mar-14 13:49:12

I don't think so, if a snuggle will make you feel better I can't see why he'd begrudge you that.

word of caution though, I was feeling really grotty with PMT earlier in the week and DP came round to snuggle and make me pancakes, turns out what I actually wanted to do was have someone to take it out on, I shouted at the pancake batter and stormed off into the living room. Not my finest moment! but I had bought him some Lego the day before so had some brownie points in the bag

JeanSeberg Fri 07-Mar-14 13:54:09

Can't you spend some time together over the rest of the weekend?

You'll be seeing him for a portion of this evening so have your 'sniffle' with him, then get the kids in bed and enjoy a quiet evening with a book/film/TV/wine/whatever.

Gruntfuttock Fri 07-Mar-14 13:57:02

You bought your DP some Lego?

Doesn't he play with his wooden blocks anymore then? confused

Coumarin Fri 07-Mar-14 13:59:00

I don't think yabu at all.

However I would echo what Sheriff said and say that when I have pmt I'm better left alone. My patience levels are very low so I usually recognize the sighs and slope off to wallow on my own for a couple of hours.

Some rubbish tv, your favourite snacks and an enormous duvet might be what you need.

Coumarin Fri 07-Mar-14 14:00:31

*signs not sighs. Although there's some of those too.

ProfondoRosso Fri 07-Mar-14 14:04:15

If you're feeling sad rather than lose-your-temper-angry, I would say something to him. I hate being alone when I'm feeling down. It makes things seem so much worse.

Gruntfuttock, my DH buys me Lego! grin

sheriffofnottingham Fri 07-Mar-14 14:06:08

gruntfuttock yep, you should have seen his little face light up when he opened the box, kept him quiet for hours!

on a serious note, Lego is brilliant!

SirChenjin Fri 07-Mar-14 14:10:01

Why would it be unreasonable? confused

If the person you love is feeling down and in need of company, surely you don't mind being there for them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now