Talk

Advanced search

To be wasting time on MN when I have a paper to write?

(15 Posts)
zeezeek Fri 07-Mar-14 12:51:19

It's Friday - I have a deadline of next Wednesday for a paper to be submitted and I have no motivation, no ideas and suffering from a complete and utter lack of concentration!!!!

So I'm on here, instead grin

runningonwillpower Fri 07-Mar-14 12:54:18

I know - it's the perfect chore dodger!

Some folk deliver best under pressure.

Thank mumsnet when you are in a panic next Tuesday producing your very best work in less than two hours!

YouAreTalkingRubbish Fri 07-Mar-14 12:55:47

YABU! angry Go and bugger off and get to work! If you do I will too. Am meant to be showering and getting ready to go out but I am stuck wasting time.

OFF, NOW, you know it makes sense.

I am going toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kotinka Fri 07-Mar-14 13:02:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zeezeek Fri 07-Mar-14 13:09:50

Actually, as I've managed at least half an hour's work this morning I think what I really need to do is go an book a holiday for DH and me in the Maldives grin

grovel Fri 07-Mar-14 13:16:43

Can you tell us what the paper's about?

Menolly Fri 07-Mar-14 13:20:25

YANBU, I have a really important essay to write for thursday and so far I've dropped DD off to school then sat around wasting time on here and fb whilst eating cookies.

cowbiscuits Fri 07-Mar-14 14:16:54

MN needs a procrastination thread. I may start one if I can't find one.

Quinteszilla Fri 07-Mar-14 14:19:06

I had a deadline today. I spent a whole week thinking I have plenty of time. Guess who was panicking this morning at 9.15 knowing a 1pm deadline was looming?

Guess who delivered a crap paper?

Dont be ME next week.... wink

zeezeek Fri 07-Mar-14 19:34:01

Well, I gave up completely in the end and collected the DDs and played "nice mummy" for a while! Will make up for grumpy mummy over the weekend when I realise how much work I need to do....

MooMaid Fri 07-Mar-14 21:37:55

Wow it's like I typed this myself. My deadline is a little further away but I just can't be arsed!!

MooMaid Fri 07-Mar-14 21:39:19

and as grovel said, whats your paper about? Perhaps we can inspire!

oscar126 Fri 07-Mar-14 21:54:29

YANBU next Wenesday is ages away! I'm convinced that work expands to fill the time available (although my own time management skills are reflected in the fact that I was working until 3am this morning...)

oscar126 Fri 07-Mar-14 21:55:27

Wenesday? Just shows the problem with operating on 3 hours sleep. Still, YANBU

zeezeek Fri 07-Mar-14 22:22:31

I would love to tell you what my paper is about and get you all to write it for me but unfortunately it is a) confidential and b) commercially sensitive and I'm a bit concerned that, along with other details I've put on here, I will be outed. Sorry. It's about diabetes if that's any help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now