Talk

Advanced search

To think that nobody actually shows a thread to the person it pertains to?

(10 Posts)
KirjavaTheCat Thu 06-Mar-14 20:11:02

"Show her this thread" etc. Nobody actually does it, do they? I'm thinking of the repercussions of someone doing that and I can't imagine anything good.

If someone showed me a thread they'd started about me as a way of making me see sense I'd think they'd lost their mind!

Salmotrutta Thu 06-Mar-14 20:17:04

I agree!

It's saying "Look. I've posted about you on the Internet. See the replies - they all agree with me"

That would go down very well I'm sure... grin

Koothrapanties Thu 06-Mar-14 20:17:08

I did but it wasnt a very serious one.

Dh had a go at me for stirring his tea with a fork. I came on here to ask if that was such a crime and if it made any bloody difference. It went in my favour.

I ended up doing a blind taste test on him to see if he could tell and he lost that too.

Mwhahahahaa. grin

KirjavaTheCat Thu 06-Mar-14 20:23:32

Exactly!

"I know we've been having problems, but look; I've been talking about you behind your back with a load of strangers and here's what they think"

Pfft!

phantomnamechanger Thu 06-Mar-14 20:31:00

I think they do, but only for the trivial/funny things (like the tea stirred with a fork, I remember that!). I am sure the bridezilla ones NEVER get shown!

That's what all the "help settle an argument " threads are here for

"DH says actorX played characterY in ABC film, but I think Z played him, who's right?"

hestergraysgarden Thu 06-Mar-14 20:32:02

Without going into too much detail (I don't want to have to namechange again!) I once posted about a decision DH had made concerning Christmas and my ILs while I was in the throes of morning sickness. It was decided that I was not being unreasonable, and that I should leave the (usually very lovely and supportive) bastard. I felt bad at the amount of vitriol that had been levelled at poor unsuspecting DH so told him about the thread.

He laughed off the vitriol, but he did change his mind about the decision!

However, when the people on the thread found out that I had directed DH to the thread, many of them decided he was some kind of abusive monster who monitored my internet usage or something. It was all a bit strange...

nauticant Thu 06-Mar-14 20:32:06

"As you can see, my partial version that you don't agree with and contains none of your perspectives goes completely against you."

I have actually seen it done on here. It was not a success. The first thing likely to happen is that the showee is going to say "but this completely misrepresents the real situation!"

newsecretidentity Thu 06-Mar-14 20:32:26

Not exactly, but I once started a thread about my ex that he saw. (because he had hacked my computer and installed spyware so that he could see everything that I posted.)

Yeah, that went well. hmm

phantomnamechanger Thu 06-Mar-14 20:32:58

or something like "Am worried about DPs symptoms but he says he is fine and wont go to the Dr, what do you think" - MN can be great for getting other opinions when they are not people around in real life

Trills Thu 06-Mar-14 20:34:52

YANBU to think that it's probably a bad idea - unless it's your DH and they already know about your MN habit.

YABU to think that people don't do it, just because they shouldn't do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now