Talk

Advanced search

Tosend DS into school as Harry Potter for World Book Day ... along with loads of others

(8 Posts)
fingerlicking Thu 06-Mar-14 07:26:16

I reckon there will be a minimum of 100 in his school... how boring am I?

Greenmug Thu 06-Mar-14 07:28:46

As boring as I am for sending DD as Hermione Granger for the third year running. To be fair, she is her favourite character (god knows why) and she wants to go dressed as her.

Goblinchild Thu 06-Mar-14 07:43:00

Does he want to be Harry?
That's fine. smile
JK Rowling got a huge number of children involved and passionate about books for over a decade, which is what Book Week is supposed to be about.

mouseymummy Thu 06-Mar-14 07:49:13

I've got to send dd1 in a fairytale outfit. I've come up with working cinders

Not bad considering she told me about it at 815 when she went to bed!!

Jinsei Thu 06-Mar-14 07:51:17

DD is going as bellatrix. Her costume isn't great, but she's happy with it, which is all that counts in my view. If your DS is happy as Harry Potter, it really doesn't matter how many others are doing the same.

Sovaysovay Thu 06-Mar-14 09:39:47

Harry Potter would have been unique in our class this morning. They may as well just rename it "Spiderman/Disney Princess Day." I saw three kids NOT in those costumes.

BigRedBall Thu 06-Mar-14 09:46:10

Dd went in as Little Red Riding Hood. She got compliments from strangers all the way to school bless her. I got her a basket for the pound shop and put some flowers in it and an empty bottle. Tied her hair up in ribbons. Looked beautiful.

Most girls were dressed as Disney princesses. There was a cowboy and a robin from batman and robin.

OpalQuartz Thu 06-Mar-14 09:46:44

One of mine was a female Where's Wally and there were loads of them. It's what she wanted though and it's best to let them be what they are comfortable wearing I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now