Talk

Advanced search

to ask you where you put things when putting them in a 'safe place'

(14 Posts)
mymiraclebubba Wed 05-Mar-14 21:16:29

because my 6 month old has just thrown up everywhere and is feeling a little warmer than normal and i have put the thermometer somewhere safe and now i can't find the bloody thing!!

Smilesandpiles Wed 05-Mar-14 21:18:01

I've no idea.

When I find the several things that I've put safe, I'll let you know where they were.

This is including the key to my jewlery box angry

ThatBloodyWoman Wed 05-Mar-14 21:20:43

In the set of drawers in the bathroom, or in my top drawer, or ob the shelf over the desk.

Poor baby and poor you. If he/she feels warmer than usual I would go by that.

SelectAUserName Wed 05-Mar-14 21:25:40

God knows. Too many "safe places", too much stuff. I'd be better of chucking the feckers away in the first place as I never find anything again once it's gone to the "safe place".

I hope your little one is okay.

SelectAUserName Wed 05-Mar-14 21:26:20

better off

NearTheWindymill Wed 05-Mar-14 21:26:53

Oh poor you and baby. A hand is a pretty good guide in my experience.

Usually I put my "special" things in such a safe place I can't find them very quickly and getting in a panic doesn't help. I bet the last time you needed it was at night time and it will be safe in yours or baby's bed room.

I learnt the hard way and we have a box in a kitchen cabinet with paracetamol, plasters, cough medicine, lem sip and the thermometer. Not much help to you at the moment though.

mymiraclebubba Wed 05-Mar-14 21:27:53

you ladies are bloody brilliant! Bathroom drawer!!

we have moved house recently and i cannot find a bloody thing smile

Jolleigh Wed 05-Mar-14 21:28:34

In my bra. Or, if it's safe from DP that I need, in the bread maker.

A thermometer though - do you have a bathroom cabinet?

Jolleigh Wed 05-Mar-14 21:29:05

X post. Glad you found it smile

IdRatherPlayHereWithAllTheMadM Wed 05-Mar-14 21:29:46

I put something in safe place just after january, still looking for it.

mymiraclebubba Wed 05-Mar-14 21:30:59

windymill it is normally in a box at the side of the cot along with spares of wipes, bum cream etc but in my wisdom when we moved i thought i would put it somewhere safe!

She is a degree warmer than normal but not running a temperature so i can stop panicking, God bless Koodi's pop up travel cot though as the dsc's are here so can't clean the cot and change the bedding so she will have to come in with me tonight, she is currently fast on again in the travel cot on the living room floor

NearTheWindymill Wed 05-Mar-14 21:46:32

Well if she's "fast on" I bet you're oop North.

mymiraclebubba Wed 05-Mar-14 22:12:08

haha not as far as you would think but my family are from the north easy although cockney for me

Caitlin17 Wed 05-Mar-14 22:14:17

This featured in John Peel's radio 4 show a while back.

The one I liked best was a lady who left notes for herself in French when she went on holiday to remind her where she'd hidden things to keep them safe. The notes were in French as she reckoned burglars wouldn't speak French.

When we go away I usually lock my jewellery in my desk at work, not bothered about anything else as it's replaceable. I did once when I got my very first Hermės scarf go to ridiculous lengths to put it somewhere safe-I was convinced burglars would know it was valuable and couldn't find it for months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now