Talk

Advanced search

or is DP being a twat?

(6 Posts)
TheNightIsDark Wed 05-Mar-14 20:13:51

I started doing Usborne Books recently. Have only done one event so far but have another at the nursery I work at tomorrow all day. Have asked DP to do DS's school runs which would mean him leaving work an hour early (he does this a lot if he runs out of work etc).
He said yes, then he would take the day off and have DS2 (6months) for me. Then this changed to he could do morning or afternoon school run, then he could do both, then he wasn't sure. I asked him earlier to let me know ASAP if he could do them both as then I could try and get DS1 into after school club. He didn't get back to me so I stupidly assumed it was ok. He has just text me saying he still doesn't know if he can do both.

Background- the other week he had 2 days off to go to his best friends DGM's funeral and because he got so drunk at the wake he couldn't drive the next day (he drinks once or twice a year). He is also taking an entire day off to go to DSDs parents evening as it's 100 miles away and if he takes her back on the sunday it makes more sense to stay over and go to parents evening on the Monday. He is also stroppy because I wont take DS1 out of school so we can 'make a day of it'.

We need the money from any sales I can make tomorrow. Financially we are not in the best shape. I very rarely ask him to do anything childcare wise as I am on mat leave (having to go back 3 months early and f/t instead of p/t after Easter). I'm fucking fuming. He comes home early all the time yet the one time I need his help he cant be bothered.

If he cant do the after school I have to leave nursery half hour before pick up and parents/potential customers turn up which is then money I could've earned. I have given him 3 weeks warning about this.

Disclaimer: I may be unreasonable as his is a 'proper' job. I'm also 'on' which tends to affect my unreasonable-ness.

YouStayClassySanDiego Wed 05-Mar-14 20:21:24

From your description I'd say he's being a twat.

So, after Easter will you be doing f/t work and the Usbourne work as extra?

PurplePidjin Wed 05-Mar-14 20:31:37

He's being a twat. I would be acting as if he was definitely doing it then when he inevitably asks you what's happening about your 6mo, I would say, all wide-eyed innocence, "I don't know, I assumed you were taking care of it"

DarlingGrace Wed 05-Mar-14 20:32:22

TBH you paid to join a selling scheme .... you're a mug. Sorry. It's a sales scam.

Arsey about a funeral and attending his childs PCE are not valid reasons to get out of your pram.

TheNightIsDark Wed 05-Mar-14 20:41:56

Yes 36 hours a week nursery work then usborne events evenings/weekends if they come up.

Tbh Grace I may be a mug but right now we are skint, I have spare time in the day so figured it was worth a shot. I expect him to go to funerals and parents evening. Taking a day off because he drank until he was blind however is taking the piss a bit.

He's got in and agreed to do it.

TheRealAmandaClarke Wed 05-Mar-14 20:56:23

The flaky-mess about his availability would annoy me. I would consider it to be awkward and manipulative.
Glad he's agreed to "help" now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now