Talk

Advanced search

Red Bull 'addiction'

(11 Posts)
Pippintea Wed 05-Mar-14 20:03:57

Please help settle this very trivial argument between DH and I.
DH says it'll kill me. I drink 2 cans of sugar free red bull a day after work (to stop myself falling asleep in my dinner.)
AIBU to think drinking 4/5 cups of coffee a day (DH) is just as bad?

ScarletLady02 Wed 05-Mar-14 20:05:05

It's probably not the most healthy thing in the world, but then neither is 4/5 cups of coffee a day. I doubt it will kill you, and I'd say they're pretty comparable.

blueemerald Wed 05-Mar-14 20:07:07

I don't know but I have one sugar free red bull a day at around 10 and another around 2 on a bad day. I teach in a school for children with behavioural difficulties and don't like coffee. People (especially smokers) who have a dig piss me right off.

whois Wed 05-Mar-14 20:07:23

Depends, what's the relative caffine in each scenario?

Pippintea Wed 05-Mar-14 20:09:19

I'm researching online now and 1 can has the same amount of caffeine as 1 cup of strong coffee. The other ingredients are a bit hmm but I am so tired I couldn't stay awake if it weren't for my 'fix'. Not good I know.

Pippintea Wed 05-Mar-14 20:10:25

blue funnily enough I'm a teacher too!! grin

Pippintea Wed 05-Mar-14 20:10:59

and I don't like coffee!

blueemerald Wed 05-Mar-14 20:14:50

Then I think it's totally fine. My only concern would be that if I had two red bulls at dinner time I'd be awake until 3am!

gamerchick Wed 05-Mar-14 20:20:50

well there's a warning on them.. just stay at 2 a day.. I love my energy drinks and there's not enough pleasures left in the world as it is.

BertieBotts Wed 05-Mar-14 20:21:20

I think they are both bad. DH is addicted to caffeine, he drinks coke and red bull and I worry about his health TBH.

But yes certainly red bull no worse than coffee.

sillymillyb Wed 05-Mar-14 20:25:33

I used to work for an energy drink company, our guidelines were no more than 3 a day. Most I'd ever had was 7 and I felt like I was dying

The caffeine isn't really the issue, though it's not great, but the other crap they put in there. I used to get illuminous wee and the runs all the time when I worked for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now