Talk

Advanced search

To think this guy was a twat?

(44 Posts)
puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Wed 05-Mar-14 18:33:28

I was driving today, stopped in traffic on a round about and accidentally stalled. I re started the car straight away and carried on.

The guy behind me peeped me, then over took me whilst throwing a cigarette butt at my windscreen!

AIBU to think he's a fucking dick?

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 05-Mar-14 18:34:15

Yanbu he sounds like a total knobber

TwittyMcTwitterson Wed 05-Mar-14 18:37:16

Meh, he's probably stressed. and has a small penis

In all likelihood, he didn't realise you stalled and just thought you were slow and dawdling. Don't sweat the small stuff grin

chicaguapa Wed 05-Mar-14 18:39:25

YANBU.

Tomorrow you probably won't stall your car, but he'll still be a twat. Enjoy that knowledge. grin

Bumbershoot Wed 05-Mar-14 18:40:26

Yup. Twat.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Wed 05-Mar-14 18:40:48

Haha chic

I know I shouldn't care, but I've only recently passed, so get a bit stress when this happens.

He is a twat <repeats soothingly>

SauvignonBlanche Wed 05-Mar-14 18:40:57

YANBU

cls77 Wed 05-Mar-14 18:45:54

Puss - DD and I on school run today, T junction on steep country lane and the poor girl in front stalls her car 8 times! So many people letting her out of the junction, I really felt for the girl, my dd was getting stressed and I took the chance to explain we all have to be new at something, and we need to be patient. In the end, the poor girls mum/passenger swapped with her!! Mortifying!

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Wed 05-Mar-14 18:47:29

Oh no! cls that's awful, poor lass!

DarlingGrace Wed 05-Mar-14 19:01:08

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TwittyMcTwitterson Wed 05-Mar-14 19:01:43

Puds I've been driving 9 years and still get very stressed with this sort of thing myself. Your driving will improve with experience, his attitude won't grin

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Wed 05-Mar-14 19:06:19

How was I Darling? I stalled. It happens. That doesn't make me a dick hmm

And no, I don't have an L on my car.

Thanks Evees

rpitchfo Wed 05-Mar-14 19:09:49

Road rage...i just don't get it. Chill out and be nice. Everyone is trying to get somewhere.

i know a few people who have anger issues when in the car..pleasant as can be soon as he steps foot outside his car.

EduCated Wed 05-Mar-14 19:11:17

DP stalled yesterday. He's been driving 10 years. I must inform him he's a fucking dick hmm

YANBU, OP.

maddening Wed 05-Mar-14 19:12:33

he wasn't by to peep, long blare of the horn would have been but a peep is fine imo - today a woman ahead of me was obviously busy on her phone and not looking up at lights this morning and didn't notice the lights changing and traffic driving off so I peeled but not impatiently just to draw her attention to the fact the lights had changed (I don't think it was a stall - you can generally tell).

he was v unreasonable to intimidate and throw the cigarette - for that he is a prick.

TulipOHare Wed 05-Mar-14 19:16:27

Yeah he's a twat.

I got honked at in fury for taking longer than a split-second to move at some traffic lights when I was having a lesson in what is obviously a driving instructor's car .

Some people are just twattish.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Wed 05-Mar-14 19:17:04

The peep I wasn't too bothered about, it was the driving past glaring at me and flicking a butt at me that bothered me.

Edu it's nice to know its not just me that does it grin This is one of the first times I've done it since I passed. Damn old car grin

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Wed 05-Mar-14 19:20:22

Tulip I have vowed to always be nice to learners grin

JesusInTheCabbageVan Wed 05-Mar-14 19:25:06

Yup! Twat. (Which my laptop tried twice to correct to 'twit'. Think it has been possessed by spirit of Enid Blyton)

Once soon after I passed, I was at a tricky junction for a while - partly overcautious, but mainly just because it was rush hour and there was a lot of traffic. Eventually the person behind me got so passed off he drove ROUND me and straight out in the road whilst leaning on his horn.

Straight in front of a bus grin

Don't get me wrong, the bus stopped in time, but it was immensely satisfying.

nostress Wed 05-Mar-14 19:27:48

On my school run theres a narrow bridge. One direction has the right of way. Once i was driving from the right of way direction when the approaching car, who should of stopped, floored it and raced to the bridge. With me center of the road we met head on. I refused to reverse, it being my right of way. Anyhow the man put his car part on the pavement, wound down the window shouted abuse and spat on my window. Twat...

chateauferret Wed 05-Mar-14 19:28:08

I think people convicted of Driving Like a Twat should be obliged to display T-plates front and rear for two years. See when the revolution comes...

BMW6 Wed 05-Mar-14 19:29:23

Stalling.... oh dear, memory resurface for me. Back in my youth, when I was taking lessons, my Dsis took me out in her car for a practice.....

All was OK till I stalled at traffic lights - and kept on stalling. Lights changed colour 3 or 4 times, I couldn;t stop stalling and started to get terrible hysterical giggles. I remember there was another learner pulled up to the lights alongside me, then SHE started stalling and uncontrollable laughing.....

Don't recall anyone beeping at us though (but was too busy to notice probably).

I never did pass my test (tried once). Was a whizz at reversing though!! grin

He was just a smeghead. Forget him. flowers

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Wed 05-Mar-14 19:32:48

nostress that is awful! I can't believe he spat at you!

BMW that is hilarious grin

SackAndCrack Wed 05-Mar-14 19:39:50

Complete prick.

I was directly behind a learner driver at a round about yesterday and he kept panic stalling. Every time he had the chance to go he was stalling.

I passed just under 2 years ago so I still really remember that utter feeling of panic in your chest when it happens and the pressure of the cars behind you, both of which make you make more mistakes.

I really, really felt for him.

wowfudge Wed 05-Mar-14 19:40:16

Loving the T plates idea chateau. I can think of others too - on my commute there's a short stretch of dual carriageway where the speed limit goes up to 40 for about half a mile. There is always a total idiot an impatient person who overtakes even when you are doing 40. Further up the road they end up being the car in front waiting to turn left at the lights or alongside waiting to go straight on after all that effort. Every time.ON - Overtaking Numpty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now