Talk

Advanced search

to ask you...

(6 Posts)
judyandthedreamofdonkeys Wed 05-Mar-14 16:09:22

your weird labour / post birth stories. i was just remembering mine..

i had ds on Christmas day i was induced so my dh wasn't there while I was in labour on Christmas eve as he had been sent home until morning.
i asked a midwife for some pain relief and she gave me codeine having never had it before i was literally off my face.

i was lay in bed unable to move or speak when a group of carol singers came in stood at the end of my bed and sang carols to me. i remember lying there unsure if it was real or whether i was hallucinating. i was completely freaking out but unable to do anything or move. Instead i just lay there with eyes like saucers and an open mouth until they pretty sharpishly moved on.

when i had dd1 i had a caesarian and I was given morphine during theatre as i was in there so long my epidural started wearing off, when they delivered dd and showed me i told the midwife theyd made a mistake because they were showing me a cat ?? i then spent the next 8hours trying to convince literally everyone id been mistakenly given a cat instead of a baby until the drugs wore off.

RedFocus Wed 05-Mar-14 16:50:57

Hahahahahaha a cat! Hilarious! wink

Seminyak Wed 05-Mar-14 16:57:34

Haha that's amazing!!

UnicornCrisps Wed 05-Mar-14 17:02:36

Hahaha!

firstbaby01 Wed 05-Mar-14 17:23:12

Haha that's brilliantgrin I'm still PG with my first so I don't have any funny stories yet but I hope I don't give birth to a cat!

ikeaismylocal Wed 05-Mar-14 17:32:29

That sounds really scary, poor you!

I had gas and air and I could see black and white lines, I believed that when it was a black line a vortex had opened and there was a very real risk that ailiens could come and invade the earth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now