Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to LTB?

(3 Posts)
Melonbreath Wed 05-Mar-14 10:51:15

lighthearted
We have a dishwasher. So WHY does OH pile everything unscraped into the sink? It means I have to plunge my hands into cold dirty horrible water full of bits. And when I say sod it I am leaving it it piles so high I can't fill the kettle.
The sink is further away from the door than the dishwasher and the bin, I just don't see why he can't put his plates and bowls and cups in the fecking dishwasher.
The sink is rubbish too, it leaks and the bits block it up.
AAAARGH

EverythingsDozy Wed 05-Mar-14 11:01:30

Can you fill a cup and use that to pour water into the kettle?! I'm a stubborn sort, I would continue to leave the plates to pile until everyone else started using the dishwasher!!

ToriaPumpkin Wed 05-Mar-14 12:39:53

Not at all. My husband was raised in a house where you put everything in the dishwasher except glasses. Those you put in the empty bowl on the side of the sink, and MIL put them in the dishwasher later. We've been together 11 years and I've yet to establish why she had this rule.

Now in our house DH loads and unloads the dishwasher. It's just one of routines we fell into when we moved in together and since I do the vast majority of the cooking it suits me (obviously I put my own breakfast and lunch dishes in, and any cups etc from during the day)

So why, why, WHY does he still leave his glasses/ cups on the side of the sink until after the toddler's bedtime every night only to then put them in the dishwasher and turn it on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now