Talk

Advanced search

To think if you post all over Facebook about your DS being ill and vomiting you do not then...

(17 Posts)
PourquoiPas Tue 04-Mar-14 21:51:09

Send him into nursery the next morning angry

Yet again a "friend" has told everyone how hard she is finding it as her DS is really ill, then packed him off to nursery the next morning. Given she had said he was vomiting I assumed she would keep him at home for at least a day but noooooooooo.

After I dropped my DS I looked back to see her taking her DS in. At pick up time he was looking visibly ill and nursery were telling her he had a temperature and had not felt well .

FFS. Why are some people so bloody selfish. That's thirty other families that will probably be coming down with a nasty bug, all because she was felling a bit under the weather and wanted him off her hands for a few hours. It isn't as if she was going to work or had something important to do (although even then it would have been a shitty thing to do).

That's not even considering her poor little boy who looked miserable and would have been much better tucked up at home.

I'm particularly pissed off as she knows full well there are children with health issues at the nursery, and if my youngest catches it off her big brother she will be very poorly due to existing health issues.

Should I mention it to the nursery manager? I'm so sick of her taking the piss. I've said it flat out to her in the past and pretty much dropped her as a friend, it's a small area so unfortunately I can't avoid her completely.

Grrrr angry angry angry

HadABadDay2014 Tue 04-Mar-14 21:53:37

Show the nursery her Facebook newsfeed. Let the nursery talk to her.

Lucylouby Tue 04-Mar-14 21:59:07

I get really annoyed by this too. If your child is ill they should be at home, not at school or nursery. Also, just because they have had calpol/Ibubrufen, does not mean they are better. It means the symptoms have been hidden. Your child is not better and they are still contagious. Some parents are very selfish when their children are poorly.

Sharaluck Tue 04-Mar-14 22:03:18

shock that is shocking! I don't think showing nursery the facebook status will make any difference.

Keep her on your facebook so you have a warning next time and can keep your dc away from nursery if I happens again. And spread the word amongst other parents so they can be aware too.

ThePinkOcelot Tue 04-Mar-14 22:07:47

This really annoys me. FGS keep your child at home. The guidelines say 48 hrs symptom free. No wonder infection goes around school and nurseries like wildfire!

ThatVikRinA22 Tue 04-Mar-14 22:12:48

im always amazed at people who do this - would they want to go to work with a stomach bug? no. so why make your child who has no say in it carry on as normal?

(i am feeling particularly sorry for myself today....i have flu. proper cant get out of bed flu...its yuk!)

drinkyourmilk Tue 04-Mar-14 22:16:56

Couldn't agree more. I nanny for a little boy who is immunosupressed. He is currently in hospital, not for the first time this year, because some prat decided it's fine to have ill kids out and about. Makes my blood boil!

TheCrackFox Tue 04-Mar-14 22:19:04

Some people are breathtakingly selfish. Annoyingly, they never seem to get pulled up on their behaviour.

ashtrayheart Tue 04-Mar-14 22:21:45

We had a letter home from our preschool once, saying that it had been noted from Facebook that people were sending their children in when they had been sick less than 48 hours ago!
Yanbu

falulahthecat Tue 04-Mar-14 22:29:48

Does she work? Maybe she couldn't get the day off/find someone to take him?
It not though then she is being utterly irresponsible and selfish.

Lucylouby Tue 04-Mar-14 23:00:19

So what if they struggle to get time off from their job. If their child is ill and they go to school, they spread their germs to 29 other children who probably have parents who work too. These parents will then have to take a day off work because you didn't want to keep your child at home.
If your child is ill, they shouldn't be at school. Regardless of your commitments. To send them in regardless of illness is utterly selfish.

bigwellylittlewelly Tue 04-Mar-14 23:05:21

My dd picked up a tummy bug from a friends child (it became obvious while we were there her dd had a very upset tummy) and yet the next day her daughter was at nursery. Mine was in sobbing agony because of tummy ache and bleeding nappy rash.

Fabtastic.

Show your nursery the FB post.

SinisterBuggyMonth Tue 04-Mar-14 23:53:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

goldenlula Wed 05-Mar-14 00:02:52

I have someone on my Facebook who does this too. Child sick several times but at nursery or school the next day or high temperature all night then swimming 7 in the morning. I end up feeling sorry for her children, they are never given the time to rest and recuperate, therefore they never seem to fully get over anything and are always ill. Then there is the passing of germs onto everyone else.

NeedsAsockamnesty Wed 05-Mar-14 00:06:52

YANBU

So what if she had to work,why is her work more important than all the other parents.

BrianTheMole Wed 05-Mar-14 00:10:54

Yes I'm with you op. Theres a school mum who does this. Plasters it on fb, child comes to school, spreads it around, all the kids get sick. This time my dd caught it and gave it to dh, who has cancer and a low immunity. So now he's really sick at the moment. So thanks for that, stupid school mum.

Freckletoes Wed 05-Mar-14 01:43:48

YANBU, that is totally out of order......but to play devil's advocate the chances are the child was infectious before actually throwing up so it is probably lurking in other kids already. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now