Talk

Advanced search

Worst thing ever!

(8 Posts)
AmazingBouncingFerret Tue 04-Mar-14 19:07:45

Driving to the next village to drop DS off at beaver's, had local radio on the car stereo. Advert for weight watchers comes on.

It's basically some woman telling you about how you can eat all the foods you enjoy but still lose weight all the while it sounds like she is chewing and swallowing and smacking her lips and making general nom noises.

It honestly turned my stomach.

I don't know why I posted here I know im not being unreasonable for disliking it! grin

lazyhound444 Tue 04-Mar-14 19:11:12

There was a TV advert a while back which was just a woman eating a cake (no idea what the ad was actually for, only remember it had NOTHING to do with cake). Anyway, it used to give me the dry boak because she was smacking her lips and licking her fingers the whole time. An ex friend of mine used to phone me whilst eating toast and slurping tea, made me feel physically sick. So YANBU!!

funkybuddah Tue 04-Mar-14 19:13:21

The man that voices the colgate adverts sounds like his gums are too big. I hate the way he says brush

RabbitRabbit78 Tue 04-Mar-14 20:00:14

Yes yes! I have a bit of a phobia of eating noises so now can't listen to commercial radio in case the bloody thing comes on.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Tue 04-Mar-14 20:03:31

YES! Thank you for saying that! I heard it yesterday & considered starting a thread about it - but thought people would comment along the lines of "why would you have problems with the sound of someone eating" "do you have problems with other bodily functions" etc. etc. etc. grin.

It made be feel physically sick too. I'm glad I am not alone!

ginbin54 Tue 04-Mar-14 20:19:49

Yes I heard that one when I was in the car yesterday. Just horrible.

womblesmissus Tue 04-Mar-14 20:45:49

Oh yes ! Horrible, I end up thumping the radio off until I think it's finished. I got so angry yesterday I planned to call the radio station when I got to work to tell them I would not listen to them while they continued to broadcast it . Thankfully I calmed down a bit by the time I reached my desk.

Quityabitchen Tue 04-Mar-14 20:51:21

I work with someone who is a noisy eater, she slurps and munches and does that nom nom nom sound. I seriously hate it. Am I being unreasonable to consider NOT doing the Heimlich manoeuvre should she choke? shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now