Talk

Advanced search

To sneak a G and T into the theatre tonight?

(81 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Tue 04-Mar-14 16:14:05

West End. The bar prices are horrific. I'm going by myself which makes ms feel strange anyway. I've just noticed a small empty water bottle. Would it be terrible to make a gin and tonic up and take it with me?

givemeaclue Tue 04-Mar-14 16:17:09

from thread title thought you were smuggling in a gifted and talented child.

Enjoy your g & t!

squoosh Tue 04-Mar-14 16:17:43

Why not, I'm sure you've paid enough for the ticket price.

It will be a bit tepid though, I like mine chilled, in case you're ever buying me a drink!

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 04-Mar-14 16:19:23

Do it.

I snuck a G&T into my final degree exam in an Evian bottle. Was so civilised.

<happy sigh>

anniroc Tue 04-Mar-14 16:20:03

Ooh makes me nostalgic for smuggling vodka and cokeinto music festivals in my youth. Go for it!!!

Melonbreath Tue 04-Mar-14 16:20:11

Yanbu.

whois Tue 04-Mar-14 16:23:39

This on a par with taking your own sweets to the cinema, against there T&Cs but you've paid for the show so why not.

This is not like eating your own food in a cafe which is very naughty.

HellomynameisIcklePickle Tue 04-Mar-14 16:24:41

Yanbu!!

christmashope Tue 04-Mar-14 16:27:24

I think it's a great idea I would give it a quick blast in the freezer first so by the time you go to drink it it will still be nice and cool. Enjoy xx

Lighthousekeeping Tue 04-Mar-14 16:29:40

God I hope no one smells it

jay55 Tue 04-Mar-14 16:30:55

Yabu. Theatres have licensed bars. Taking in your own alcohol is not on. Can you really not manage to sit for a couple of hours without a drink?

DealForTheKids Tue 04-Mar-14 16:32:22

You could always go in, order a coke, neck the coke then decant your G & T into the empty cup, thus making it look like you just bought it from the bar?

never done this or anything

motherinferior Tue 04-Mar-14 16:32:38

Oh ffs, it's not that she's a gasping alcoholic, it's because it's nice to have a drink in the interval. West End bars are notorious. I took in a G&T in a tin last time, and will take a mini-bottle of wine next time. Got it all planned.

motherinferior Tue 04-Mar-14 16:33:05

Take crisps while you're about it.

ilovepowerhoop Tue 04-Mar-14 16:33:40

go for it! I remember sneaking into the cinema with jack daniels in my coke (we bought the coke and sneaked the jack daniels into it after we sat down)

Theatres will sell expensive watered down drinks - take your own

Lighthousekeeping Tue 04-Mar-14 16:34:24

I'm low carbing so no sweeties for me. I will put it in my knock off Mulberry handbag and hope they don't search me.

MooncupGoddess Tue 04-Mar-14 16:34:56

Go for it, so long as you're planning it as an interval drink as opposed to slurping it loudly during the most dramatic scene in the play <bitter>

Lighthousekeeping Tue 04-Mar-14 16:35:23

I'm not a raving alcoholic but do feel abit nervous going on my own.

BitOutOfPractice Tue 04-Mar-14 16:35:32

Why not take the gin, buy a nice fresh tonic with ice and a slice and tip it in surrupticiously?

Enjoy your evening

PheasantPlucker Tue 04-Mar-14 16:35:50

My two friends and I took a can of Gordons when we went last month. I don't feel guilty.

Enjoy.

FoxesRevenge Tue 04-Mar-14 16:36:11

What a good idea.

<eyes up empty evian bottle on desk>

Crowler Tue 04-Mar-14 16:36:56

YADNBU. I was shocked at how much I paid for some bloody water and popcorn when I took my kids to some silly play a few weeks ago.

And you should not forgo a drink for a couple of hours. How silly.

Lighthousekeeping Tue 04-Mar-14 16:38:52

It's not like I go into town very often does anyone know where to pick a bloke up whilst I'm in town?

FoxesRevenge Tue 04-Mar-14 16:40:00

I know loads of people who smuggle alcohol into bars and only buy soft drinks. Not saying it's right or wrong. Just saying... that's all.

BitOutOfPractice Tue 04-Mar-14 16:40:02

Yes Lighthouse. Yes I do. I'll meet you tonight and go out on the tap grin

I go to things by myself all the time. Don't be nervous, it'll be grand. Have a lovely time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now