Talk

Advanced search

To hate BT

(21 Posts)
SuedeEffectPochette Tue 04-Mar-14 13:41:30

nearly £60 a month and my TV freezes up all the time. Please someone recommend another provider - are any of them any good? I need Broadband and phone....

specialsubject Tue 04-Mar-14 14:05:38

freeview and an aerial. Can't beat it!

I do use BT for landline and phone, service is fine and I can't find anything cheaper.

lisac99 Tue 04-Mar-14 14:19:49

All lines are BT I think, however I use Sky and deal directly with them as I hate BT so much and have had such awful Customer experiences with them both in a personal and a Business sense.

It depends how technical you are and what kind of service you want. If you're looking to just order it and have it work, I'd suggest going with one of the big companies and ordering the package (phone line + broadband).

Sky / Virgin are the ones that I seem to hear a lot from my friends.

SuedeEffectPochette Tue 04-Mar-14 14:38:52

Thank you! Would anyone else recommend Sky/Virgin? What about TalkTalk?

Crowler Tue 04-Mar-14 14:41:52

Hm. I just switched to BT. Are you streaming TV or using live TV?

I left Virgin because I was just incensed at their customer service on so many levels. They kept on cutting off my pre-paid internet when I had exceeded my credit limit for the next month in phone calls (I work from home). I was often times jumping up and down in anger on the phone with them.

caruthers Tue 04-Mar-14 14:45:30

Talk Talk customer service was the worst I have ever encountered.

I'm with SKY now and the service has been excellent from the first day it was installed until now.

ohnothewoodchip Tue 04-Mar-14 14:46:00

Completely reasonable they are useless fuckers. Anyone will be better. Most rely on bt phone lines though so still strong potential for screwing up. I'm getting virgin media

ihatethecold Tue 04-Mar-14 15:04:12

Hate talk talk with a passion, don't care how cheap they are.
Their customer service is dreadful.

Nancy66 Tue 04-Mar-14 15:06:14

I don't use their broadband but still have a landline and it fucks me off that whenever you get a bill about 80% of it is made up of their charges, hardly any of it is for the calls you make.

They've taken to adding in a £6 'processing fee' even though I pay the bill online

sleepyhead Tue 04-Mar-14 15:09:49

I loved Virgin Media. We never had a problem with them and the tv service was great.

They can't supply us in our new flat unfortunately so we're using Freeview and an arial. It's ok, and I don't miss the extra channels as much as I thought I would, but some of them pixillate quite a bit which is annoying.

Electryone Tue 04-Mar-14 15:12:33

YANBU. I despise BT, Openreach and all their call centres. I have the dubious honour of being told by a very senior manager that we had received one of the worst cases of appalling customer service(over a period of 6 months)he had ever seen. Thanks to my 10 page complaint letter we eventually received over £500 in compensation!

Stinklebell Tue 04-Mar-14 15:13:51

We had a BT Vision/broadband/phone package after getting fed up with Sky

Just gone back to Sky, I hated BT Vision with a passion, constantly freezing, recordings failed all the time. Just awful.

Sky all the way here - we do a whole tv/phone/broadband package for around the same ££ a month as BT

peggyundercrackers Tue 04-Mar-14 15:13:51

all the providers use the BT network for their phone lines and broadband apart from the cable providers. ive always used BT and never had a problem with my phone or broadband, dont use their TV though as we dont get freeview where we live. have you complained to BT about it? if so what did they say?

Binkyridesagain Tue 04-Mar-14 15:21:57

I'm with Virgin with no troubles at all. Did attempt to go with SKY, but after a failed installation, a complete cockup and then harassement for payment on account that was cancelled within cool off period, lies and bullshit off them for over 3 years, I would not recommend them to anyone.

Crowler Tue 04-Mar-14 15:29:52

Blimey. 500 in compensation? Did he tell you to fuck off?

SilverViking Tue 04-Mar-14 16:19:28

A lot of bad experiences with sky around here. Broadband was unreliable in this area after many people tried to switch. Sky kept telling everyone to phone BT as it was problem with the phone line... But that was no good as sky customers are not BT customers. Sky kept giving the run around until the majority of people went back to BT, and had reliable broadband again.

Crowler Tue 04-Mar-14 16:29:18

For our final four weeks with Virgin, our broadband was crawling. We were paying for the top speed and getting maybe 2MPS. I had a series of escalating engineer visits that were unreassuring, like they would say, I think I've isolated the issue, but... and then they would leave, and the problem would remain.

They never actually fixed the problem - I ordered BT and left on Xmas holidays, returned and my BT installation was in early Jan. I paid for local WIFI in my house throughout (galling). I called Virgin and told them to turn off my service and they said: you have to pay for another month. I said, good luck. They're still chasing me now for payment.

waceystills Tue 04-Mar-14 16:31:20

I used to work for BT.

They really are a bag of crap.

Crowler Tue 04-Mar-14 16:32:42

I think it's just a case of who is least bad when it comes to telecoms.

SuedeEffectPochette Tue 04-Mar-14 16:45:15

Oh gawd - how to work out who is least rubbish?!

BeetlebumShesAGun Tue 04-Mar-14 16:53:07

Marking my place as we are with BT and the tv is so dire we can barely watch anything and every time we complain they take £300 out of our bank account as "they thought we wanted to cancel". Fuckers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now