Talk

Advanced search

To just have a rant.

(9 Posts)
Kannet Tue 04-Mar-14 09:47:29

I can't talk about this is RL, but I HATE my job. The management care about nobody least of all customers and I get all the flack. I really want to leave but am trapped due to being in the middle is fertility treatment . I know there is nothing I can so but ranting on here feels better

sweetfluffybunnies Tue 04-Mar-14 09:50:15

I feel for you, grit your teeth and hang on in there. Good luck with the fertility treatment!

Twitterqueen Tue 04-Mar-14 09:50:21

Insufficient! That's only a quarter of rant at best - go on, really let it all out smile

NoodleOodle Tue 04-Mar-14 09:55:13

YANBU to rant - like wind, negative emotions are better out than in, they're not paying rent.

Kannet Tue 04-Mar-14 09:56:28

Ha ha thanks I will. It's just so frustrating. It feels like my life is on hold. Three years ago I would have simply looked for a new job where I was respected and acknowledged or pushed for promotion to change things from the top. Unfortunately I'm trapped and my manager knows it, which I'm sure they use to their advantage. Thanks for letting me rant

BuzzardBird Tue 04-Mar-14 09:57:07

Yes, get it all out, your treatment will be more effective if you are calm. Rant away thanks

Kannet Tue 04-Mar-14 09:59:12

I keep trying to remind myself that in ten years time I will hardly remember this job, but I might have a family. But some days I just want to scream

JeanSeberg Tue 04-Mar-14 10:08:37

When you say you are trapped, do you mean financially (to pay for the fertility treatment) or because they offer a good maternity package?

Do you have any savings that could support you to leave your job and look for a new one? Do you have a partner that could support you both for a period of x months?

Kannet Tue 04-Mar-14 10:57:08

I'm trapped by a bit of everything. It's a well paid job , two min walk from my house with a great maternity package. I would also feel morally wrong taking a new job knowing there was a chance I would have to take Mat leave a few months in. I would go mad not working as well, too much time to brood. I know I just have to grit my teeth and get on with it, it's just frustrating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now