Talk

Advanced search

aibu to think my kids go to the best school in the world

(12 Posts)
hobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Mar-14 21:44:31

Because they are not doing a dress up event for wotld book day smile
Lots of book related stuff just NO EFFING COSTUME.
I am deleriously happy.

WorraLiberty Mon 03-Mar-14 21:46:04

I love the dressing up days

I'm sad because this will be my DS's last one as he's off to secondary school in September sad

JKSLtd Mon 03-Mar-14 21:46:09

envy

hobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Mar-14 21:47:37

Today was school eisteddfod so traditional welsh costume for dd and rugby shirt fir ds.
Friday is "wear something red white and green" thats enough for me in one week smile

morethanpotatoprints Mon 03-Mar-14 21:51:07

YANBU

But have to say my dd also goes to an excellent school in our front room, grin we too do lots of book related things but more than one day a year. We also don't have to provide costumes.

NationMcKinley Mon 03-Mar-14 21:57:18

I bloody hate bastarding dressing up days [badslatternmother emoticon]. I've been watching mn like a hawk for the start of these threads. DS1's school are having a "dress up as an animal from a book" day. WTAF??? Help me <rocks in a corner>

hobnobsaremyfave Mon 03-Mar-14 22:03:18

if you are anywhere near Cardiff I have a sheepband a lion costume going spare.
smile

ManifestoMT Mon 03-Mar-14 22:03:53

Same here last year even the teachers dressed up. This year nothing.

Hurrah!

Loads of parents have complained.
Bastards. .... They are the type whose child comes in with a herd of cows when they dress up as heidi.
Bloody show offs

AuditAngel Mon 03-Mar-14 22:07:58

Last year DC didn't have to dress up, this year they are at it again.

DS is mad March hare (still need to find bunny ears before thursday-any suggestions?)

DD is little red riding hood. Just need to sew button and ribbon loop onto Cape I made at the weekend.

ErrolTheDragon Mon 03-Mar-14 22:08:03

>I'm sad because this will be my DS's last one as he's off to secondary school in September

You'd have thought, but my DDs secondary still does various 'dress up' days.hmm Last WBD she went as Death which was fun walking to the bus-stop... sometimes they do things on Children in Need day too.

YoullNeedATray Mon 03-Mar-14 22:11:29

I had to dress as a pirate last year. I've since changed schools and we are WBD costume free! :-)

However ... I do have to be an Egyptian later in the term. Not a good look for a mature and curvy primary teacher!

EmilyByrdStarr Mon 03-Mar-14 22:13:52

Ah, now I must be working in the wrong schools because I love dressing up and haven't needed to in either my current or previous schools! We are having a book week but it is costume free sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now