Talk

Advanced search

To think that as I've paid for school milk by ds should actually get it

(19 Posts)
ninaprettyballerina Mon 03-Mar-14 21:12:51

First day back to school today and DS comes home very thirsty (unusual). I ask what the snack was today - no snack. Did you have milk? No milk. Eh??
Then what the hell did I pay for at the beginning of this term? I bet the school won't be deducting this from next terms bill either

bloated1977 Mon 03-Mar-14 21:18:29

How old is your DS? Surely he would have had a drink with his lunch? Also couldn't he of asked for a cup of water?

Baabaapinksheep Mon 03-Mar-14 21:21:44

Is the milk the only drink he has all day??

WorraLiberty Mon 03-Mar-14 21:22:48

Why did that make him come home thirsty?

ninaprettyballerina Mon 03-Mar-14 21:23:18

Yes he did have some water, sorry that's not my complaint. I'm disgruntled at the fact that I pay for milk everyday and there was no milk given out today.
I'm sure the school wouldn't be so flexible if I hadn't paid the bill in full

WorraLiberty Mon 03-Mar-14 21:24:01

How often does this happen OP?

ninaprettyballerina Mon 03-Mar-14 21:26:18

Not sure really. He said that the pe teacher said (so all on his word obvs) they wouldn't always have time for milk as it makes them late for pe. He's told me that on a few occasions

DomesticDisgrace Mon 03-Mar-14 21:26:35

Is this a regular thing?

WorraLiberty Mon 03-Mar-14 21:27:42

Then I'd complain

If it makes them late for PE, they should be given another opportunity to drink it at some point in the day.

auntpetunia Mon 03-Mar-14 21:28:48

maybe the Milkman didn't deliver any today, ours decided it was an inset day on our first day back after half term, because it was at his kids school. it might not be the schools fault. if you begrudge the 15p or so that fault milk costs then knock it off next terms money.

HesterShaw Mon 03-Mar-14 21:29:09

Milk doesn't quench thirst <irrelevant>

JohnnyBarthes Mon 03-Mar-14 21:31:08

Yes it does, Hester <equally irrelevant>

Littlefish Mon 03-Mar-14 21:36:37

Just ask them what happened. Occasionally, the children at dd's old school didn't have a chance to drink their milk, so they were given it to take home.

It really doesn't sound like something to get worked up about.

HesterShaw Mon 03-Mar-14 21:47:49

Must be just me then grin

CommunistLegoBloc Mon 03-Mar-14 21:56:24

If it's just one day then YABU. It's an inconsequential sum o money.

YANBU if it happens every day because it's a milk scam and the PE teacher and the caretaker are siphoning off the cash to fund an monkey-shark hybrid in the swimming pool.

VisualiseAHorse Mon 03-Mar-14 22:01:56

You need to find out why he didn't get the milk.

JohnnyBarthes Mon 03-Mar-14 22:39:45

CommunistLegoBloc has it I think. Like all those dinner ladies who confiscate sandwiches, claiming them to be unhealthy, AND THEN EAT THEM. This happens all the time.

BumpyGrindy Mon 03-Mar-14 22:57:58

My DD once told me she'd had "dust" for her lunch at nursery and that she had to sit and stare at the wall all day. I wouldn't take his word for it you know.

lemontwist Mon 03-Mar-14 23:04:30

Ha Bumpy, sounds like my DS. Every day for lunch he "just ate a plate" and refuses to admit any food was involved at any point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now