Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you'd think about this

(42 Posts)
PublicEnemyNumeroUno Mon 03-Mar-14 19:46:36

So, say your husband/partner does the school run whilst you work. He's made a few friends up at the school, mainly people you are friends with too.

There's one of the other mums neither of you know, she's quite young, always very well put together (full face of make up, hair done, always in dresses etc) and your partner seems to have taken a shine to her, you've been told by a few different people that your partner always stares at her and has told her she's pretty and that she always looks nice on more than one occasion

Would you think nothing of it or would you suspect he fancied her?

UnicornCrisps Mon 03-Mar-14 19:49:02

Sounds like he fancies her, which in itself wouldn't bother me but approaching her to make compliments I would be pissed off with.

WitchWay Mon 03-Mar-14 19:51:19

Agree with Unicorn.

Has this really happened BTW? You don't think the people who told you they heard him complimenting her are trying to cause trouble?

shakinstevenslovechild Mon 03-Mar-14 19:51:25

I would think he fancied her. Which is fine, but if people are noticing him staring then that is quite creepy, and if he is approaching her on more than one occasion to tell her how pretty she is that's hugely overstepping the mark.

Waltonswatcher1 Mon 03-Mar-14 19:51:56

I would ask my partner , not listen to nasty gossip.

CailinDana Mon 03-Mar-14 19:52:20

Yes I'd think he fancied her, which is fine, but I'd tell him he was making a bit of a fool of himself and stop acting like a hormonal teenager.

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 03-Mar-14 19:53:44

I'd wonder just who was the teenager. It all sounds childish and pathetic. 'He said she said'.

Floggingmolly Mon 03-Mar-14 19:54:20

Yes, he's making it fairly obvious, you can't pretend he's not.
Is your information correct though; announcing that you think someone is "pretty", and "always looks nice" is a bit heavy going for standing at the school gates, is it not?
He sounds about 12, pretty embarrassing really.

MuttonCadet Mon 03-Mar-14 19:55:02

Yes, I'd think he fancied her, but was making it embarassingly obvious. Embarassing for him, not you, but you might want to tell him to rein it in before she has to say something.

Funnyfoot Mon 03-Mar-14 19:55:40

He fancies her. Not a bad thing in itself. I fancy loads of people all the time. But that's where it stays. If you trust him don't worry about it. Find a hot dad to drool over and periodically mention it to your DH/DP grin

Finola1step Mon 03-Mar-14 19:56:34

My DH does the vast majority of the school and nursery drop offs and pick ups. The people who are telling you this, are they well meaning friends trying to give you the heads up? Or more school gate acquaintances who might enjoy a little stirring?

We do unfortunately live in an age where Ufor some, the sight of a dad doing the school run every day is something worth gossiping about. Strange, but true.

You could approach the situation by telling your DH what other people are saying in a "be careful around so and so, some people like to gossip about ..." See what his reaction is. You should be able to tell if he is over defensive. Or not as the case may be.

There are some people in this world who like to do nowt but stir other people's puddings.

PublicEnemyNumeroUno Mon 03-Mar-14 19:56:43

Yes this is a real situation, but not me and my DH

Funnyfoot Mon 03-Mar-14 19:57:39

Oh so are you the pretty mum at school?

Troglodad Mon 03-Mar-14 19:58:13

If true, totally inappropriate YANBU.

Beware gossip, though - it is often nonsense.

PublicEnemyNumeroUno Mon 03-Mar-14 19:58:28

No i'm not the pretty mum lol

LizLemonOut Mon 03-Mar-14 19:59:02

Why did these people tell you these things, is there an ulterior motive? Easy to have a go at young, pretty women, isn't it

Funnyfoot Mon 03-Mar-14 19:59:03

grin

Only1scoop Mon 03-Mar-14 20:00:07

Is it you?

Has someone's Dh said you are pretty?

KatieScarlett2833 Mon 03-Mar-14 20:00:59

Someone should tell the DH to dial down the slavering as he's making a tit of himself.

UnicornCrisps Mon 03-Mar-14 20:01:19

It must be quite uncomfortable for her to have him gawping at her. I'd be embarassed by his behaviour if it was my DH.

PublicEnemyNumeroUno Mon 03-Mar-14 20:05:32

No its not me, but somebody i know, in friends with 'pretty mum' ive heard this, ive been there when he's made these comments.

I don't know wether others have actually heard this, but was wondering how his wife would react if she found out, personally id be fuming, but im a jealous type.

His wife is very popular at the school and id hate it if people turned on my friend for anything (she generally just looks embarrassed when he makes comments)

LizLemonOut Mon 03-Mar-14 20:10:52

Ugh, he sounds vile. If I was pretty mum I'd ask him to please not make such inappropriate comments. And stay the hell away from him!

AnyFucker Mon 03-Mar-14 20:12:13

if I was her I would tell him to back the fuck off

Funnyfoot Mon 03-Mar-14 20:14:50

Short but moving speech Any grin grin

kotinka Mon 03-Mar-14 20:16:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now