Talk

Advanced search

Wibu to wear these leggings without covering my bum?

(73 Posts)
pyjamaramadrama Mon 03-Mar-14 14:27:30

these

I hope the link works as I'm on my phone.

I bought them because I really liked them, but haven't got a fecking clue whether they acceptable without a long top.

They are denim look and much thicker than ordinary leggings.

pyjamaramadrama Mon 03-Mar-14 14:29:40

If it's relevant I'm 29 5 foot 6 and a size 12, a smallish 12.

WorraLiberty Mon 03-Mar-14 14:30:57

If you've got a pert bum it should be fine

Otherwise they look very unforgiving.

DustyBaubles Mon 03-Mar-14 14:31:07

Definitely wear a long top, or cardigan.

Leggings with a short top are never a good look, unless you are at the gym.

I know a long top will cover the waist/belt, but not even Kate Moss can carry off a short top/leggings combo.

Innogen Mon 03-Mar-14 14:31:40

I'd cover my arse in all situations, sorry.

NoelOfLorst Mon 03-Mar-14 14:32:06

Well I wouldn't, but I'm old skool

Sirzy Mon 03-Mar-14 14:32:29

Personally I would only ever wear leggings with something that covers my bum, if your happy wear what you want

foxybingodotcom Mon 03-Mar-14 14:37:02

I'd say your the right side of thirty for that to be okay grin

BumpNGrind Mon 03-Mar-14 14:40:46

If you have an arse that's been finely honed and stays pert and beautiful every time you move, then go for it. Anything less, cover it up!

GreenLandsOfHome Mon 03-Mar-14 14:40:53

Leggings of ANY sort should only be worn if a top covers your crotch. The one exception being at the gym.

HaroldLloyd Mon 03-Mar-14 14:41:48

I wouldn't, if I wanted my bum out I would buy thicker ones that looked more jean like.

These are still a legging to me and they will be skin tight on your arse, and you might even get that hungry bum effect.

I think only a pencil thin teenager looks ok with a bum legging outage.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Mon 03-Mar-14 14:44:06

I wouldn't.

never a good look. Not on anyone. At all. ever. in the history of leggings. grin

justanuthermanicmumsday Mon 03-Mar-14 14:44:58

This reminds me just 2 days ago I saw two women jogging and I couldn't help but notice one them had sheer leggins on her thongs were clearly showing. Her jogging partner was chatting away with her, makes me wonder did she not tell her? They seemed happy as Larry, or do some people wear leggings to show off knickers on purpose honest question not meaning to be judgemental is this a fashion statement?

harriet247 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:46:04

Yeah i would.but ive got a good bum grin

harriet247 Mon 03-Mar-14 14:46:28

Yeah i would.but ive got a good bum grin

whodidthatthistime Mon 03-Mar-14 14:47:10

no no no no no no no no no no!

Innogen Mon 03-Mar-14 14:49:17

That's the thing though isn't it Harriet? Everyone who does this thinks they have a good bum...

And then passers by think otherwise!

MrsDeVere Mon 03-Mar-14 14:49:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cover it up, even if you are 8 feet tall and have an arse the size of a nectarine.

shouldnthavesaid Mon 03-Mar-14 14:50:43

I have two pairs of leggings that I wear without 'covering up' - one pair is black, loose fitting and covered with white flowers, the other pair is clingy and covered in cartoons/photographs/drawings. I've worn both out of the house with just t shirt/cardi or hoodie, when going out to walk the dog or just to shops and back etc. I wear a thong in a close matching colour (plain black for black leggings, pink or navy for cartoon ones).

I've never thought about it much - I'm a size 18 on bottom and not very skinny, don't have a pert bum but love my leggings which to me, is all that matters.

Perhaps the plain colour makes a difference but I'm not sure, maybe having a lot of colour or pattern focuses your attention elsewhere?

If you feel good in them though then I'd go for it.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Mon 03-Mar-14 14:53:20

noooooobody has a bum good enough to survive being seen in leggings.

and then there's the frontage situation too.

You try not to look, but your eyes just keep going there against your will and you swear, just swear, there may well be some sort of piercing there. This only makes it harder to look away. In the end, you think you may just have to poke your eyes out with a fork because it's just got too embarrassing.

Locketjuice Mon 03-Mar-14 14:54:12

I would wink

But I always wear leggings and short tops smile

pyjamaramadrama Mon 03-Mar-14 14:54:19

Right then, that's decided.

I'll have to now get a long top that goes with them.

I really like them but can see them ending up in the drawer never worn, or being house trousers.

eurochick Mon 03-Mar-14 14:54:41

No.

That is all there is to say on the matter.

Anonymai Mon 03-Mar-14 14:54:59

If you want everybody who walks behind you to look at your bum, then wear uncovered leggings. I couldn't bear the thought of knowing people would be looking for camel toe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now