Talk

Advanced search

to sign off all my emails with a kiss (x)

(9 Posts)
whodidthatthistime Mon 03-Mar-14 08:13:41

I have always done this with my friends and family and now i'm a cm i'm finding that I'm doing it to the parents.

I've always done it to notes and messages I've left for other people.

UNTIL.... my BIL joked that 'people used to sign with an X when they couldn't write'

is he being a knob or do i look daft?

CalamitouslyWrong Mon 03-Mar-14 08:16:59

You probably look slightly daft, but your parents probably just see it as a quirk. You look after their children all day, which is a more personal and individual thing (and involves actual caring). If you were an accountant or something it'd be a lot stranger.

I can't imagine sending emails to HR or my boss with kisses on them. It would be incredibly inappropriate to sign off emails to students that way.

Skivvywoman Mon 03-Mar-14 08:17:34

I do it too with DH,DC and friends but if I do it by mistake too others I feel like a twat and if my boss or someone not close does it I feel a bit weird!

Floopy21 Mon 03-Mar-14 08:21:40

I'd feel bonkers if I did it in a work situation. Or with people I don't know very well.

Yabu

ghostinthecanvas Mon 03-Mar-14 08:22:12

I wouldn't do it to the parents and your BIL was joking. Unless he has a history of undermining I would take it in the spirit it was intended.

whodidthatthistime Mon 03-Mar-14 08:26:02

to be fair I often sign off my MN posts with a x too, but then i go back and delete it!

No i wouldnt do it if i worked in an office with people who were formal.

lollilou Mon 03-Mar-14 08:37:24

I do this xLx on all my texts and emails but only to friends and family. I've always done it, don't know why though.

IneedAwittierNickname Mon 03-Mar-14 08:39:54

I do it in emails and texts to my parents and close family and friends.
I accidentally added an 'x' to a text for the.vicar once blush

whodidthatthistime Mon 03-Mar-14 09:30:21

Im sure the vicar was impressed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now